Creatures of Disaster

Start from the beginning

"Domus gives, but the people of Domus takes."

With the pause, the atmosphere between them instantly went sour. Reina had had her past and from the way the woman always stared off with a faraway look said she was missing something. Colors. What she was never even given.

Ava looked back at the City and noticed the balloon had flown quite high up. Different colored lights lined the street even up to the fifth step. Ava could clearly see the dragons as it circled the air, carrying riders around and in different directions. Silas could kill for a ride.

Turning to the lady who was seated on the floor of the basket, Ava frowned at the fact that she couldn't see how beautiful the view was. It was lightening up her mood and Reina could certainly use some lightening up.

Ava took one last look before sitting in front of her. "How long are we here for?"

"For as long as I want. I paid extra."

"You must be rich, huh?"

Reina glanced up at her from her fingers she was playing with. "My dad does this thing... Our family line is pretty rich."

Ava nodded. "Just like green."

"What?" Reina rose a brow at her.

"Um, Green is like a rich color. It's cool. It's what grass feels like, the smell of the earth before the rain and the smell of pond after a storm."

Reina rose both brows and smiled. "What are you doing?"

"I'm describing colors to you. You don't always have to see to assimilate colors. You can always feel, hear and smell them."

Her smiled widened. "Yes but you have to be gifted for that. I don't even know what colors are to be able to even do that. I just don't...see it."

Ava drew closer to her until their knees were touching. "Then I'll be your colored lenses."

Ava looked around to see if she could find any more colors and she smiled when she noticed a red air balloon floating beside them. The blonde looked back at the woman in front of her and said, "You see the other air balloon over there."

When Reina nodded she continued, "It's red, not black. Red can mean anger like the feeling you had for me when I called the dragon green...or hurt. Red could be the heat from your body...my body, the warm glow of the sun on your face. Red could be the gentle thumping of your heart when you encounter your crush."

Reina rubbed her chest slowly as she leaned back, surprising Ava when her cheeks tinted. "They could be good and bad huh?"

"Everything has their upsides and downsides. You just have to be strong enough to face them both."

Reina didn't say anything again and just stared at her hands which she dropped to her thigh. It was growing silent again, and Ava honestly didn't want that. She had been hoping the conversation would bring up out Reina's feelings but right now, she would do anything to keep the woman talking.

Glancing away from her, she noticed a dragon acting weird above them but didn't really think too much about it. They carried people in careless ways so it had to be part of their act. It oddly remained her of when a monster had carried her. A Stealth's tail might be thin, but she knew it was more than its look. If only she hadn't listened to her parents, none of this would be happening.

"You know, my parents said it was a vacation. They said we were going to have fun in Pennsylvania. We had only settled in the hotel when they told us about the camp. I was so against it, and Silas is still in his teens so he didn't really have much to say. They didn't bother listening to me and that how Silas and I ended up in the camp."