Creatures of Uthor

Hard skin, almost as hard as steel. His large body armed with scales that were impenetrable by any normal knife or spear. His black skin almost spotless if not for those chilling yellow eyes that stared at the new guests that came to watch them.

Just staring at the dragon before them, Silas could feel all his troubles alleviate and slowly disappear. The beast stood tall inside the large cage, and it blew steam from its nostrils. Silas gasped, covering his mouth to prevent himself from saying something stupid.

Benji dropped on his knees and held a fist to his chest, his eyes glazed over as he stared at the beast. "I-I-I can happily die now."

"Uh-huh." Silas was just as bewildered by the beast that blew off more steam before retreating back into the darkness so smoothly that all Silas saw before it disappeared were his chilling eldritch eyes.

"That was awesome. The gods have answered my prayers." The blond haired kid face palmed then stared at the cage before standing up. "Say, what else are we going to see?" He asked Wyatt who cocked his head at him curiously.

"Nothing now. Well, it's already mid-day, and I have somewhere I must return to so, I will have to return you to my mother." He shrugged then turned away from them, leading them out of the Monster Inn.

The Monster Inn Wyatt had shown them was filled with beasts, were-people and everything not natural. According to Wyatt, the inn was used to treat anyone or anything. He had admitted that there were humans in the realm, but the species wasn't a majority like it was in their realm. He had explained the way powers went around after being born. It was heredity, the way a son could inherit his mum's nose or ear. They could inherit the powers too. However, some unlucky ones inherit nothing and are just plain mundane.

A day had passed since the three boys had found themselves in the City of Uthor. The witch had allowed them to go into town but only with an escort. That was why Wyatt was with them as they strolled through the busy streets. It was nothing like their world. Stalls and caravans opened up almost in every corner to sell clothes, food, items, antique... well, anything worth selling.

They had passed through the place Wyatt had called an estate, and it was packed with houses, and none of them were like anything they had seen before. Uthor was on a mountain side so houses were built on hills, low grounds, and valleys. Some houses had been constructed on really tall hills; it was a wonder how they even got to the front door.

Edgar had asked when he had seen the houses, "How do they get to it? The hill's pretty steep."

"People who build their houses on tall hills probably have wings, or they can teleport. And the higher your house is, the safer it is from thieves." Wyatt had answered.

"What if the thieves had wings or could teleport?"

"They sell spell barriers in the market. You can find absolutely anything there."

"Then what if these thieves bought a spell counter? You did say they could find anything there."

Wyatt had frowned at his counter then scoffed, looking away from him. "Eh, then I don't know. It's just the stronger you are, the better the spell works. Except the thief is a magician, then the house owner is a goner."

Wyatt took the boys through the forest path that led to the mansion and Benji fell back to walk beside his best friend, putting and arm around him.

"Hey you. What's up? You've been really cranky since we came here."

"Leave me alone Benny. I can't believe you're this comfortable with these nut jobs."