Creatures of Fangs

"You're pretty strong, Silas."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. What's with you covering my eyes back there?" He turned to Edgar just as he stopped walking.

Silas crossed his arms, quirking a brow as Edgar slyly looked away from him and rubbed the tip of his nose with his thumb. "Uh, he was naked and I didn't want you to see."

"Oh," Silas hadn't expected that and he could feel the heat rushing to his face again. Clearing his throat, he looked away from Edgar to stare at the forest in front of him. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"I wanted to ask you a question, actually." He said, which made Silas relax, resting his back on the tree behind him. Silas looked back at Edgar to see him grimacing and furrowed his eyebrows at how serious the other boy was.

"Shoot."

"Where are you from?"

Silas cocked his head at the question. "West Virginia."

"Then what were you doing in Pennsylvania?"

"Summer camp."

There seemed to be a tic throbbing on Edgar's forehead and he swallowed, his composure slowly breaking. Edgar reached for him before Silas could make a break for it and he squeaked when Edgar pushed his back further against the tree.

"You're not telling me something."

Silas held his breath. Of course he wasn't telling him everything; he barely knew the guy. But it wasn't like there was anything special about him, going to the summer camp was what his parents called a vacation and an excuse to be away from his city.

"I'm from Williamsport and Benji and I have always been going to that camp. You're a new face, so I wanted to know more about you." Edgar said suddenly and moved away from him, putting some space between them.

"Well, attacking me like that was a bit too much, don't you think?" Silas narrowed his eyes at the short haired boy as he pushed off the tree, his back aching slightly.

Edgar sighed. "Yeah, but you're from West Virginia. I heard they've got those cyborg humans and robots. I heard most of the South of the US have got those things."

"So you thought I wasn't human?"

"Pretty much. But then you've got emotions and you're clumsy and make mistakes and k-"

"I get it." He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I understand what you're trying to say. The cyborgs are still humans but the robots pretty good at pretending, almost to the point that you wouldn't know they aren't humans."

"How do you kn-"

"Trust me, I know. My parents work for the producers. But, enough about that gloomy place called West Virginia, let's focus on the here and now." He placed his arms on his hips and said, "Now, why did you cover my eyes? Who said I wouldn't be comfortable with a naked Wyatt?"

Edgar stared at Silas until his usual cocky smirk came back to his face and he approached the him. "Why would you be comfortable with a naked Wyatt? Aren't I good enough for you?"

Silas sputtered when Edgar caught him against the tree again and he bit his lip, remembering the last time Edgar had been this close to him. Life had been pretty much normal then. The world was futuristic, something the people of the past had only started to create. And then that beast came and everything changed. He only wondered how the other people in the camp were doing.

"I guess you aren't that into me: you just zoned out." Edgar pouted, then started to lean back but Silas caught him by the collar of his shirt and pulled the slightly taller boy down to kiss him.