Creatures of Magic

A couch suddenly appeared behind and some kind of force pushed them down on it, causing the boys to yelp. Shocked, surprised and confused. The witch knew it was going to be hard to explain especially when they didn't even believe in the basis. Magic.

"How-? How did this couch come out of nowhere? You can't tell me it's magic?" This was Silas speaking. His voice was several tones lighter, and he was the most skeptical of the three. His brown eyes widened as he tried to stand but Felicia didn't let him budge.

Felicia was one of the few witches who stuck around after the great war, the war that made her stomach churn. Like always, Felicia had sacrificed her soul in the protection of the Lord which made her everywhere, but the Lord had hated it and bound her to the house. That was why the house was called Felicia.

And with Jenna in control, she made the witch silence Silas who hadn't stopped spurting questions. Now anytime he opened his mouth, it just opened with no sound. It made Jenna sigh with relief.

She collected her thoughts then spoke up, distracting the other two boys who were looking at Silas in fear. "What do you remember? I will explain from there."

The three boys looked between themselves then nodded before Edgar answered, "We were out of town camping at Yonakai; Started a week and a couple days ago. It was raining really bad that night so we were forced to stay in the tent. We were supposed to go hiking in the morning, but it never came when we started to hear growling. At first, um, we thought it was just Benji until we saw a shadow pass by our tent. It was on all fours, almost like a wolf but it had three tails. Of course, we were scared shitless and couldn't find the will to run until Ava, Silas' sister came running to our tent. She didn't give us much time to think with the way she was covered in blood, and we all just ran. What I remembered last before waking up here was falling."

"Yeah, like some crazy wonderland thing." Benji continued, "Don't mind my asking, but where in hell are we? Any more magic tricks and I'll probably be like Silas over here. Ma'am, I'm slowly losing it."

"Well," Jenna started, leaning back and glad Felicia had her back when a chair appeared behind her. She leaned back on the soft cushion and continued, "To start with, you are no longer in your realm. You're in Domus, a realm created by yours truly, me. The "falling" that happened to the three of you was when you were passing through the portal. Said portal is the only way you can go back, and that won't be opening in a while."

"So you mean we can't go home now?" Edgar rose a brow at her.

"Not until the next portal opens." She glanced away from them to the left, staring off at a distance. "Normally, that takes a month or two. I can sense when and where the portal opens. Now, it's pretty shut, so any means of leaving or entering is impossible. Regarding the beast that had escaped, it must have been caught by now, and the causalities should be taken care of."

     The hall suddenly fell dead silent, and Jenna could sense the panic and despair coming from the boys. There wasn't any way to escape this, the highest they could do was wait. Jenna knew waiting could be a pain. A couple of humans had wandered into their realm many times, and the waiting for the next portal to open had caused them to be a nuisance to the townspeople. That was why when any human entered their realm, they were automatically teleported to Felicia and indirectly kept as a prisoner until the portal opened.

Jenna didn't mind doing that to them, but she always had a weak spot for kids especially after having two of her own. An idea immediately beamed brightly in her head, and she smiled, looking back at the boys.

Standing up from her seat, she clapped to get the boys attention, and when they managed to look back at her, she grinned and said, "I know this is a lot to take in but if you want to survive here, you'd have to learn to have an open mind. Now, how about we have some lunch, and we talk about how you're going to spend the next -who knows how long- months together? We're having boiled toad and seaweed."