Creatures of Confusion.

Something was after them.

Silas wheezed as his foot beat the wet ground. Something wet slid down his hands and face. The filthy thing slid into his mouth, and he cursed when he tasted the dirty mud. It had rained last night, and just when Silas thought it would go down, it got worse. Even having stopped not only minutes ago, the air still stunk of rain and muck.

"Silas, keep moving," Benji called further down the path, and it only made Silas grunt.

His legs were too weak to keep running. He had even almost forgotten why he was running until he heard the growl. It was a deep throaty rumble that chilled Silas to the core of his soul.

There was a monster chasing them.

But how? It was said they had gone missing many years ago. In fact, to him, they were as true as dinosaurs were. Things like this weren't supposed to exist right? So why were they being chased?

God, he should have stayed home. He should have run away to his friend's place. This can't be true. This had to be a dream.

"Silas please wake up!"

He called to himself, stopping by a tree to lean on it and relieve his breathing. How long had he been running? What kind of dream is this?

"Silas!" Someone knocked him down, and he had almost thought it was the monster thanks to the incredibly heavy weight on him. But it wasn't a monster... More like an angel. "Silas, don't stop. We have to keep running."

The panic on Edgar's face shocked Silas that he couldn't speak or enjoy the body on top of his. Edgar's black hair stuck to his face and Silas could see the mud dripping down from his face. His sweet emerald eyes widening so wide, Silas froze at the fear he saw in them.

"We have to keep moving." He got off him and tried to help him up, but Silas' ankle had twisted in an unbearable shape.

"No no no no no! You've got to stand up." Edgar began to panic, falling back down on the muddy ground. "We've got to move."

Silas wanted to stand, but he suddenly felt himself lean back on the wet ground, and Edgar quickly came up to look at him, tapping his cheeks as if preventing him from falling back asleep.

Sleep.

Asleep? He wasn't sleeping before.

But he suddenly felt like it. His body felt sluggish, and he couldn't make out any words. Something was wrong with his body.

"Silas. Silas, can you hear me?" Edgar's voice was a lot calmer, and he smiled. "Wake up, Silas."

Wake up?

Silas slowly came into consciousness, and the first face he saw was Edgar's. His ocean green eyes warmed the cold chills he had gotten from that god awful dream. Sitting up on the bed, he held his head when he felt a headache hit him, and he suddenly became exhausted.

"Where am I?" Silas blinked to get his orientation, and he noticed he wasn't on his futon or in the blue tent he shared with Edgar and Benji. He was on a bed, in a room that was high up in a building given the fact that he could see the top of the trees from the window. He glanced around the room, slowly realizing he had no idea where he was.

"Where am I?" he repeated then looked back at Edgar who gave him a small smile, unlike his usual carefree grin.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Was all he said regarding that before he stood up from the bed and gave him that familiar grin that finally reached his eyes. "Come on, Benji's waiting."