The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"We are Werewolves." Scratch that. Maybe he could. But that was impossible. First, Werewolves don't exist and second, if I was a Werewolf I'm sure that I would know about it! "I know that you don't believe me now, but you'll see.... Watch."

I watched my Dad turn to Kristen, I saw his jaw moving. Apparently, he was speaking to her. "Keep your eyes on her." He signed; I looked from my father's hands to look at my sister. And at that moment, I felt nothing but fear. Nothing could keep me from screaming as I watched my sister cry in pain and watch her body move in unnatural angels, and finally, she turns into a vast, and I mean huge, dog! What the hell was this? Was the world that I've known and grew up with a lie? Was it fake? Am I still dreaming?

My Dad covered his ears at my scream and Kristen backed away. I didn't know what my cry sounded like, but I knew that it was terrible. When a deaf person screamed it was torture to anyone nearby. But to me, I didn't feel as though I was loud enough. I felt my throat vibrate and soreness that made me stop. I never used my voice, and I never really screamed either.

"Please, calm down." My father signed, looking genuinely concerned and pain is written across his face from my scream. He grabbed hold of my face and pulled me into a huge bear hug. Or in this case, a wolf hug. He meant the world to me; I just couldn't seem to understand why he would keep this away from me.

"So does this mean that I'm a Werewolf too?" I asked my Dad, taking my hand out of his. But he shook his head. For some reason, I felt a little disappointed. It's not that I wanted to be a monster... But if everyone in my home was... Then why wasn't I? I was already different from everyone else.

"You hold the Werewolf gene, meaning that you could be turned into one, or that if you were to have kids with another Werewolf, they would become Werewolves."

I put my hand in his, a question rising to the surface of my very being, "Why? Why am I not a Werewolf?"

I saw that his hands were shaking; he apparently didn't want to tell me. Why? What was it that he could say now that would surprise me? "It's because you're deaf." Whoa, way to hit low Dad. "It's not what you think. When you were first born, you had the potential of being a Werewolf, but you got sick... and you lost your hearing. And when you did, your Werewolf gene went to sleep so that you couldn't change."

"So, how does, me being a deaf person effect that?" I asked him, it still didn't make much sense.

I could tell that he was getting angry, "There is no such thing as a deaf Werewolf, Tori! Hearing next to sight and smell is very important in Werewolf nature! And if one of those were gone... Then what?"

"Then what about you? You're blind!"

"But I wasn't born blind!"

"And I wasn't born deaf! What makes me any different?"

"You didn't become of age before you went deaf," My father's signing seeming to calm down, but mines didn't. I was done here, I could stand my father talking to me this way anymore... I got up and made my way to the stairs. Though, I didn't get far before I was stopped.

"Where are you going?" My father asked.

"To my room, I need to think." And that was precisely what I did. I needed to think, so many things were on my mind. Michael, my Dad... Damn, even my sister who was now a friggin dog in our living room.

When I made it to my room and turned on the light, I saw my mother. She was sitting on my bed, but that wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was the fact that her eyes were red... as if she had been crying... In all of my life that I had known my mother, she never loved me. She was always one to punish me or ignore me, most of the time both. Then what my dad said to me replayed in my head over and over again. There's no such thing as a deaf Werewolf, was that why my mother hated me? Because I was a child gone wrong? Because I went deaf? Trust me if she thought that this was bad, wait until she meets the kids at my school. I'm sure parents are going through much worse than this.