0.5

Professor Sinistra was teaching her lesson while the students waited for what was yet to come. The week before, she had informed them that they would be starting their projects on this day. Most of the students were excited and anxious to find out who they would be working with. While others dreaded the thought of a project. Estella was all for it but wasn't sure about who she'd end up with.

Finally, Professor Sinistra set down her piece of chalk and turned towards the class smiling.

"Now I know you all have been waiting for this for quite awhile, so let's start the project," she announced.

Everyone started looking at and talking to who they hoped to end up with. Estella caught Hermione glancing at her with a hopeful smile. She smiled back and gave a thumbs up.

"Now, first I'll explain what the project is, and then we'll get to partners," Sinistra started, "So, this will be a project that will be due on December 15th. What you and your partner will be doing is making a constellation chart. You will choose one constellation, find it in the night sky, and over these months you will track it's movements. On a chart, you will draw these movements and write the date down underneath it. I will hand out dates that you will need to chart your constellation. Please note that not all of you will get the same dates. This all seems easy right?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"Well that's not all. Each constellation has a story behind it. Along with the chart, you will write an essay about the constellation you have chosen."

Everyone, except Estella and Hermione, groaned.

"In the essay, you will talk about the constellation's story, the placement, and the movements. If anyone has questions, you are always welcome to ask. Now let's assign partners."

Everyone started getting excited again.

"Lisa Turpin and Daphne Greengrass"

"Pansy Parkinson and Anthony Goldstein"

"Padma Patil and-"

Estella and Padma exchanged hopeful looks.

"Terry boot"

Estella gave Padma a grin. Time passed and Professor Sinistra went down her list. Close to the end, she had partnered off every other Ravenclaw in the class except Estella.

"Hermione Granger and-"

This was it. If Estella wasn't partnered with Hermione then that would mean she would be with a Slytherin. Draco Malfoy or Millicent Bullstrode.

"Millicent Bullstrode."

Estella was about to give Hermione the same reassuring look she gave to Padma, but then the realization hit her.

"Which means Estella Raney and Draco Malfoy will be partners."

Estella dared to look back at Draco. He was looking at the professor with a blank stare. Estella didn't know what that was supposed to mean, so she turned back around before he caught her looking.

"So, with all of that out of the way, I wish you all good luck. Remember, if you have questions feel free to ask me! Class is dismissed," the professor concluded.

Once Estella gathered her things, she saw everyone already talking to their partners. She noticed Draco still gathering his stuff across the room. As much as she didn't want to, she gathered up her confidence and walked over to him. Before she reached him, he walked off without even looking at Estella. She was left standing there confused and a tad bit angry. She didn't want to be partners with him as much as he didn't want to be partners with her. It wasn't her fault they were put together. Estella came to the conclusion that she was going to get a good grade on this project whether he liked it or not. After deciding not to run after him, she walked over to Padma who was waiting for her at the door.

"What's his problem?" She asked.

"I don't even know," Estella replied.

"What are you going to do?" Padma asked.

"I think I'll talk to him later, or maybe I'll just fly to the moon so I don't ever have to even see him again," Estella laughed.

Later after dinner, Estella made her way to the astronomy tower. While eating and trying to spot Malfoy, she realized she had left her book of constellations in class. When she arrived, she heard talking coming from inside. She was about to knock until her name was said. Instead, she put her ear to the door.

"Is there a reason why you don't want to partners with her?" She heard Professor Sinistra's voice say.

"Well because I-uh I mean I hate her! And she hates me. It's just not going to work out," she heard Malfoy's voice say.

She couldn't believe it. Of course she knew that he didn't want to be partners with her, but to ignore her and go behind her back was something she did not appreciate.

"And she's so annoying. She thinks she knows everything and acts like she's better than everyone-"

Look who's talking, she thought.

"That's not a good enough reason, Mr. Malfoy," Sinistra said.

"But I-"

"Look, I can assure you that I did think this through. I know you two don't exactly like each other, but I ask that you do try to get along."

"Professor, please."

"I'm not changing my mind, Draco. Now I suggest you go to bed. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Professor," Malfoy said sighing.

Estella started to turn around to walk away, but it was too late when the door had opened.

"Raney?"

"I can't believe you."

"Well what did you expect? Did you think I'd jump for joy when we were partnered?"

"No of course not, but to go behind my back and say all of those lies about me-"

"I wasn't lying."

Estella was growing more angry by the second.

"You're despicable."

"You're a pain."

"Like you?"

"Well, if you were like me then I wouldn't be here wanting to throw myself off of this tower, now would I?"

"That makes two of us."

With that, Estella stormed off. She was fuming all the way to the common room. She plumped herself on a couch sighing. There was no way she could survive these next few months with him. In all of the years of the universe, how did she manage to be alive the same time Draco Malfoy was?

A/N: I hope you enjoyed and continue reading :)