District 7 Denmark x District 11 Reader: Just our Luck.

Start from the beginning

The first day of training is today. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. This is my chance to put give off a good impression to the other tributes and possibly gain some allies too. Gaining allies are very important for people like me, it means that I have someone to depend on if my partner dies or goes missing. The table was silent as we ate. Everyone was too nervous to say anything. Right now we are in the elevator waiting to go down to the training area. Christian is tapping his foot and keeps pacing. "Christian, stop pacing! You're making me nervous!" I cry out in exasperation. Christian gives me a cute look and hugs me tightly. I gasp for air. Suddenly I notice that the elevator is slowing down and shove Christian off of me, straightening my clothes and giving him a small smile. He smiles back and the doors finally open, revealing a  large area with different stations. It seems like most districts are already there. "Hey there District elevens!" A loud and joyful voice greets us. I smile as I recognise it to be the boys' from the other night. I take in his features as he walks towards us. Blonde hair that seemed to defy gravity, ivory skin, happy grin and gorgeous cerulean blue eyes. "Listen up people!" An instructor commands making the blonde groan in annoyance again. The girl from his district shoots him a playful smirk. He stands next to us, paying no attention whatsoever to the instructor, instead sending glances in our direction, obviously being impatient to talk to us. "Alright, go on to a station." 

"Anyway, I'm Matthias and I'm from District 7! It's nice to meet you!" Christian shoves me in front of him. Surprisingly, Christian is very shy around people. He manages to stammer all his words and ends up a red, blushing mess. "I'm Y/n L/n, District 11, and this is Christian" Matthias grins at us and surprisingly pulls us both into a huge, bone-crushing hug. "You're both so cute!" He yells, catching the attention of most people in the room. The instructors all chuckle and the tributes either roll their eyes or smirk. "Matthias, stop unintentionally cutting off their air supply!" Matthias pouts and lets us go, allowing us to both breathe. He mutters a sorry before walking dejectedly towards the girl from his District. Christian and I are bright red from the shocking encounter. "Um so, what station?" I ask him awkwardly. Bothof our eyes drift to the climbing section and we nod. "Ah look! The District 11's think they actually have a chance at climbing! How cute!" My eye twitches at the sound of the overly confident and vain District 2 female tribute. "Well, I'd like to see a pampered priss like you try to beat me." My strong reply shocks even me. The District 1 girl walks towards me with a smirk on her face. "Fine, let's place a bet. If I win, I get to be the one to kill you in the Games. If you win, I let you go free." I contemplate all of this and nod. "Agreed." We shake hands and both of us get ready. I look at the fastest time and smile, I can easily beat 10.227 seconds. "3," We both grab a separate rope. "2," She sends me a confident smirk and I return it. "1!" We both lift ourselves up. As I climb I realise just how easy it actually is. It's nothing compared to what I had to do at home. With even more confidence than before, I swing myself back down at the finish and look at everyone's surprised expressions. Even Christian's mouth is dropped in shock. I look up and realise that District 1 girl is still only half way done. The instructor smiles and lifts my hand up in the air, almost picking me up. "We have a victory! And a new fastest time of 6.452 seconds!" Christian bounds up to me and lifts me on his shoulders cheering. "This is my Best Friend you lot! This is why you never underestimate the power of District 11!" 

Training went by fast. Matthias and I talked some more, and I'm fairly certain I have a new ally. He's really good with things like wielding an axe, which makes sense given the fact that he was a lumberjack back home. Genevive (The other District 7 tribute) is really nice too. Training is over for now, though, and we only have about 4 days until we have to go into the arena. I've been getting nightmares recently. I imagine what would happen if my Little Sister was in these games. It scares me to know that she would be had I not volunteered. I am waiting anxiously for this afternoon when I will go before the Gamemakers and show a skill. I am exceptionally good with knives and climbing, so those are the things that I'll be showing today.