Chapter Twenty Two- The Good, The Bad And The Dirty

Zacznij od początku

"No comment," Roy said, wheeling into the adjacent room which had big French doors looking out into the terrace. There was an in-ground swimming pool overlooking the city below.

"It's like we're movie stars," MacKenzie smiled, sitting on Roy's lap and wrapping her arms around him

And he always dreamed of being one...

"Not our house," Roy reminded her, smirking.

"But we can pretend the rest of the day! The next two nights, actually."

Roy recalled when Dahlia insisted they pretend to be married for the rest of the day.

"I suppose it can be arranged," Roy mumbled.

"That's what I thought," MacKenzie kissed him on the lips. "Hey I'm gonna run to the washroom real quick, feel free to explore. I'm here every day."

He examined the black and white tiled floor, turning into a red oak interior in the dining room and rich carpet in what appeared to be another day room. There was a spiral staircase with a thin black banister aligning it in the foyer,  and a rose gold chandelier right when you entered the front doors.

"You think it's safe for the kiddos to walk home up here?" Roy called.

"Every afternoon! Usually I'll watch them all day, they'll head on down, and then come back. Don't worry, I trust them."

The thought of abduction still made Roy nervous, even if he didn't particularly like children.

Roy wandered around a bit more, examining the furniture and exotic paintings displayed throughout the first floor, expensive wine stocked in the kitchen, a grand piano and several gramophones. He returned to the French doors and opened them, letting the heat inside.

He wheeled onto the porch and lit a cigarette, unsure whether or not smoking was an occurrence inside for guests. It was hot out, and even though Roy always wore the same sweater even on the hottest of days, he took it off and unbuttoned the top of his shirt.

MacKenzie tapped him on the shoulder.

Roy glanced to his right, prepared to think nothing of it. But he nearly dropped his cigarette when he saw what MacKenzie was wearing in front of him.

A white bikini.

Roy was gaping. Her midriff was showing! This wasn't a normal bathing suit. He'd never seen any like it. Surely if they were on a public beach MacKenzie would have gotten a fine or even arrested! Roy knew he was blushing, but he blamed it on the heat.

Her skin was usually pale but had a slight sun kiss. Her blonde hair was swept to the side, and her white bikini was a contrast off with her red nail polish. Roy was gonna faint.

MacKenzie took Roy's cigarette and inhaled a long drag. She giggled at the expression on Roy's face.

"They won't be home for a bit. I think they're learning bass clef."

Roy's eyes were the size of the moon.

"Just felt like getting some sun," she sighed, bringing a towel next to the pool. Roy instinctively followed her, his wheelchair bumping down several steps to the grass.

"Mmm." She breathed.

Roy just stared at her, mesmerized at this goddess beyond belief.

MacKenzie sat up suddenly and alert, smiling. She crawled over to Roy and put her hands on his knees, bringing his feet down to the ground. Roy couldn't help but laugh. He was giddy!

She ran her hands up his legs and to his abs, and without warning, yanked him out of his wheelchair and flung them both into the pool.

MacKenzie screamed in joy, launching herself onto Roy's back, punching him playfully and dunking his head under water.

For a split second, Roy panicked, a sudden memory of the fall jolting into his conscious. He couldn't get up, he couldn't swim...but he reminded himself, this wasn't the river, he hadn't jumped off the bridge, he was dragged into a swimming pool by a goddess. And he was cracking up.

"You little bitch!" Roy exclaimed, splashing water in MacKenzie's face. It was fucking cold!

"We're movie stars!" Cried MacKenzie, kissing Roy's wet face. He was still completely dressed, and was now completely submerged. His hair stuck to his head and he looked like a drowned little mouse.

Roy didn't realize how weightless he felt in the water. It was almost like he wasn't paralyzed.

And for once, he was the one carrying MacKenzie, and she was weightless, and he embraced her, and threw her underwater, and she lunged at him and wrapped her legs around his waist, and they kissed as deep as the water itself.