22. Pills fix me

SHIP:
Natepat

SUMMARY:
Nate has been taken away from reality, he's given pills to hopefully help him...

GENRE:
I don't know

WARNINGS:
Depression

EXTRAS:
Song - Pop a Pill
And I don't even know what this is but I had to write something seeing as I hadn't in a month so...

WORDS:
609
________________________

Well look at this
I see clearly now
Look at this
I can feel it now
Happiness
Is seldom found
Pop the pill
I'm so damn happy now

One more pill, Nate thought he reached from his bed to the table and opened the jar, with a deep breath he swallowed another one. His mind scrambled and unscrambled, the colours of the room swirled. He looked to his right seeing his sleeping boyfriend, Mathew Patrick. He sighed heavily. Slowly he gathered himself and silently climbed out the bed on a mission he didn't fully understand himself.

The fireplace in the living room was lit, making beautiful flames dance across the walls. Nate leant down, his face only inches from the roaring fire, he felt an urge to throw himself into the fire but he did not. Another psycho thought equaled another pill to mush his brain and cure him from himself. He took another one swallowing it dry, he was so use to his pills he no longer had any need for water.

He sat down curling himself into a ball, he faced the flames and thought to himself, where had it all gone wrong? When had his once happy life changed?

Feeling things crawl on me
I need my fix today
This is way beyond me
I can't live without you today

Once upon a time, Nate and Mat's story had been one of love and happiness, a stereotypical fairytale but now they were both understanding what happens at the end of a fairytale, what happens when the book is finally closed, what happens after happily ever after. You can't be happy forever, as nice a thought as it seems and every relationship will have its sour moments and some never recover.

Nate thought all this and frowned, taking another pill - rid himself of the negative thoughts. All the sourness was replaced from his features with a well practiced happy smile, disguise your pain behind a smile, take pills to fix your pain.

Only behind Nate's eyes could you see his real pain, what hid behind his happy aroma. He ran his hand around the flame avoiding burning himself, he nibbled his lip but decided not to speak, he was afraid.

Well look at this
I see colors now
Look at this
I'm butt ugly now
Happiness
Is seldom found
Pop the pill
I'm so damn happy now

Fear another negative banned emotion, another pill was the answer to that. He danced his hand around the flame, swallowing all his bad emotions.

Sudden pain urged through his body, pain was not allowed, another pill was the answer to that only the pill made the pain get worst.

He took pills without stopping the pain getting worst at each one he took.

Feeling things crawl on me
I need my fix today
This is way beyond me
I can't live without you today
You today, you today

Mat awoke the next morning to no a cold empty bed. He got up and stretched, scratching his back. The fire was still roaring he could hear it.

Lying inches away from the fireplace was a cold, stiff Nathan Sharp - the man who took pills instead of facing his negative emotions.

I don't give out anything around me
Even all the love that surrounds me
Make me, Even me
I don't give out anything
I do this to shut off the voice
Within, within, within!
I don't give out anything

Pills fixed him