8. I should have been there

SHIP:
Natepat

SUMMARY:
Mat is in a car crash after leaving the house mad at Nate and is submitted to hospital in a coma
(I did not steal this idea from anyone but evil minds think alike)

GENRE:
Angst

WARNINGS:
Mentions of depression and/or death

WORDS:
545

_________________________

"NATE YOUR JUST SO CHILDISH SOMETIMES HONESTLY I WAS JUST AT STEPH'S AND NO I AM NOT LYING!" Mat screeched at his fiancée, anger boiling through his body.
"Mat I'm sorry, I just panicked," Nate tried to defend himself and speak calmly but the theorist just turned away from him not able to stop from crying, he spoke softly,
"I'm sorry Nate, I do love you but I think we need a break."

He left his fiancée crying, he chose not to take his things he wouldn't be leaving for long he just wanted some peace. Mat felt his heart slowly snapping as he closed the door behind him car keys in hand, he unlocked the door and stepped in starting up the engine.

****

He was lying there, a loud beeping noise bounced off the walls of the bleak hospital room. Nate looked at his fiancée, he didn't look like himself at all. His body was bloody and covered in scratches and burns from the crash. The pure sight of man he loved caused him to burst into tears.

There wasn't a high chance of Mat waking up, he'd been in the hospital for about five months now but the musician came everyday to check on him. Nate had explained to his viewers and to Mat's why he wasn't on and most of them were positive and telling him to take all the time he needed.

"Here again, I see Mr. Sharp," The doctor greeted him, walking into the room scratching away with a pencil at a clipboard. The ebony looked at the doctor with a weak smile,
"Of course I've been here everyday."

Nate blamed himself for everything that happened, he'd made Mat mad he'd pushed him out, he'd pushed to him his death. The musician gripped onto his fiancée's hand tightly, stroking his hand softly.
"If it's painful, feel free to let go. I-I'll u-understand," He choked on tears but managed to splutter out the words, the theorist didn't react to his words but the beeping seemed to soften.

"I love you so much Matty I'm so sorry I drove you away," Nate whisperer as his tears fell onto the 'sleeping' males body. If this had been a fairytale his fiancée would have woken up however it was everything but a fairytale and Nate knew that.

He made a decision that he knew would keep him up for nights to come, one he hadn't wanted it to come to but at least Mat would no longer be in pain,
"Dr. Fishbach, I want you to pull the plug."

Dr. Fishbach saw the look in the ebony's eyes knowing he didn't want this. He gave him a sympathetic nod and pulled the blond's lifeline.

And the monitor flatlined.

Nate grabbed onto his no loner living fiancée and spoke softly, tears running down his cheeks at a rapid speed,
"It should have been me."

"I should have been there."

But he wasn't

Now everything was gone.