13. When I was your man

SHIP:
Septiplier

SUMMARY:
Mark and Jack broke up and Mark is reflecting on his old memories with his ex at his wedding

GENRE:
Angst

WARNINGS:
Mentions of depression
(I have nothing against Wiishu - I don't even know who Jack's girlfriend is right now. Oops)

WORDS:
2550

_________________________

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

Mark's breath was sharp as he flipped through his and Jack's old photo album, tears fell from his eyes, he looked at his phone seeing the lock screen which he'd never changed. Jack had a giant grin on his face and his lips pressed against the redhead's cheek. He felt his heart pounding, he looked down ashamed by being a baby. The wedding was today naturally Mark didn't want to go but he knew the Irish male would hate him if he didn't and he couldn't deal with the image of the man he loved hating him. He had nothing against Wiishu he was just jealous he wanted to be in her place, he once had and he wasted his chance.

"Stop crying man up Fishbach," Mark snapped to himself shutting the photo album with a bang, he took a deep breath. He was the best man... was Jack just trying to rub his relationship in Mark's face? The gamer sighed getting to his feet and looking at himself in the mirror. In his opinion he looked a mess, his hair was plastered to his face, his eyes bloodshot and lips dry and chapped.
"Fuck, I can't go to Seán's wedding looking like this," He sighed, he couldn't call the engaged male Jack, despite that being what his fans called him and everyone else it somehow still felt personal to Mark, like a secret between the two.

The gamer hopped into the shower in an attempt to freshen himself up - and not be caught crying as his tears blended in perfectly with the flowing water. He sat against the wall allowing the water to pool on his head and around his naked body.
"Why does this have to be so difficult... he's still my best friend I have to be happy for him," He paused and punched himself, "DAMNIT BE HAPPY FOR HIM!"
When you truly love someone you'd do anything for them - even if it meant watching them fall in love with someone else, Mark was learning this lesson as he felt his heart finally shatter. He was sick of lying, sick of hiding his emotions, the male finally accepted he was broken but for Jack he would smile and pretend everything was okay just like the good days. Wiishu didn't know how much Mark envied her, nobody knew and that's how the gamer wanted it to stay. His heart was broken but despite everything Mark plastered a fake smile across his lips refusing to allow the pain to win. No more crying.

It all just sounds like oooooh...
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

Mark rubbed his bloodshot eyes and looked down at himself taking in his appearance, he was wearing a suit. He chuckled to himself lightly remembering when Jack had forced him to wear a tux for their date. The redhead nodded at himself in the mirror making sure the false smile was intact, he pulled his phone out ignoring the numerous texts from Seán saying how much he was stressed. The gamer knew it was selfish to only think about himself on his best friend's wedding day with a sharp breath he waited for Bob and Wade to come and collect him.