Birds Don't Belong in Cages (Nawn)

Shawn tends to love people too much, and gets shot down by so many people. His heart has so many bullet holes that you need an eternity to finish counting. The holes run so deep, so deep that if you put your longest finger in there it still would of scratch the surface. Shawn's heart always flys high above the clouds when he's in love, but when it's broken goes six feet under the ground. Shawn never knows what it is that makes him falls so easily, but it leaves with broken bones and a shattered heart. Sure, it takes a while to pick up the pieces, but he won't stop loving people.

Even if people are rude, heartless, and selfish, Shawn will love them anyway. His heart makes him sees things that nobody else sees, or what Shawn's friends say that his heart makes him blind. Blind from the cold and brutal truth. The heart can take so much, but it inevitably has enough. Even if Shawn's brain is telling the heart to stop, but it won't listen. The more rejection, the more it wants to be loved back. It needs love, since there are many fish in the sea, Shawn wants to keep swimming and swimming until he finds someone to love him back.

"Shawn!" A voice said snapping him out of his trance.

"Huh?" Shawn said waking him up.

Shawn looked up to see Nash was in front of him. Nash had his hands strongly gripped around Shawn's shoulders. His light blue eyes, now dark from utter anger. Shawn looks at the pale boy in horror.

"No more of this," Nash said in a husky tone.

"N-No more of what?" Shawn said confused and a little terrified.

"No more love, you can't keep doing this to yourself," Nash explains," I mean you can die from a broken heart, and from the trauma that you put yourself through by loving so many people, I'm surprised I'm not talking to a gravestone now."

Shawn shook his head and push Nash off of him. Shawn started walking away, before Nash pulled him back.

"Are you even listening?" Nash said with venom in his voice.

"Nash, it's my heart not yours, I can take heart break," Shawn justifies,"Hearts are supposed to be like birds, to be free to fly anywhere they desire."

"Birds belongs in cages!" Nash shouted as his anger boiled over,"Shawn, your heart is supposed to be behind your ribs. That's why it's there to keep you alive, it's doing its job, but you are just killing yourself by letting be out so often!"

Shawn stepped back and couldn't help to shed a tear. Nash knows that Shawn's biggest fear is how he is going to die. He does not want to die now nor does he want to think about it. Nash realized the damage he cause and tries to repair it with his words. Shawn started running, out of that room and out of the house. He does not know where he is going or how far away he will be from home, but he did not care he just kept running. He came up to a small bridge over a stream, the sun setting but it still shines on to the water. He leaned his arms on the railing as he looked down, he sees his own deformed reflection. His demons appeared from the shadows of his subconscious breaking the already heartbroken teen who desperately needs someone to hold.

Arms around his waist.

Pale arms around his waist.

Warm pale arms around his waist.

A familiar voice that was attached to those warm pale around his waist.

"S-hawn," the voice croaking.

Shawn turns around and sees the familiar pale face. Shawn just breaks down into tears, he could feel the warm pale arms around him again, but he was so weak that he just let Nash hold him. Besides the coldness was taking over his body and he need the warmth now. As they sit on the bridge in silence, only hearing the water flowing and Shawn's sniffling. Nash looked down at Shawn who would not even look at him. He just stared off at the sun setting. Nash takes Shawn's face and brought him toward Nash. Time stopped, seeing things in slow-motion, as they just stared into each other's eyes.

Shawn sat up to have a better view of Nash. Nash takes Shawn's left hand and intertwines their fingers. There they sat as they smile through their tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. Feeling the flowers blooming around them, but it wasn't the only thing that was blooming. Nash sees a stray tear streaming down Shawn's cheek, Nash uses his right thumb to wipe away the tear. They stare intently again, realizing that Nash's hand was still resting on Shawn's cheek. Nash was about to remove it, but Shawn held onto his wrist. Nash was surprised by this as Shawn smiled shyly.

"Shawn, I'm sorry about what I said earlier," Nash said embarrassed,"I just don't want you to get hurt. I care about you a lot."

Nash flashed his eyes from Shawn's eyes to his lip. Shawn notices that, but does nothing at first.

"It's okay, Nash, I know you want what's best for me," Shawn said as his smile started to grow,"Can everything go back to normal?"

"Not everything," Nash said scooting closer.

"W-hat do you mean?" Shawn asked acting coy.

Nash leaned in and connects their lips. Shawn's eyes widen but soon closed and wrapped his arms around Nash's neck. They shared this slow but passionate kiss. Nash would break the kiss to tell Shawn how much Nash love him. Nash finally let his heart out the cage like a bird. To fly free, but with a new partner. Above the clouds where their troubles are and soar to the promise land. They break away, but they just touched foreheads as they feel themselves wrapped around each other. It goes to show you that...

"Birds don't belong in cages."