Stressed Out (Skammy)

Soccer practice has really stressed Sam out, being a senior goalkeeper and all. He needs to be perfect this game. Sam rubbed his head as it pounding like his heart. He had about six anxiety attacks in the past six hours. An hour of agony at a time. Sam cannot keep calm, my hands are shaking, his stomach feels like it is going through a taffy machine, and his eyes are still stinging from hot tears. Sam drives to the field to the game. It was a quiet car ride, just him and his friends to keep me company. Many thoughts were buzzing around in Sam's head like bees in a hive.

He took a deep breath. Sam cannot do this right now, he have a game. His heart became to tighten under Sam's jersey. He feels breathless, seeing little dots. Sam begin to breathe heavily, cursing as he feels tingly again. He needs to keep driving, Sam will be late if this continues. He could barely feels his hands, is he even touching the steering wheel anymore? His vision was blurry, looking like Sam's hair was in the way. I then feel his phone vibrating in my lap. Sam slowly pick it up and see who it was calling. I looked like Skate was calling, so I picked it up.

"Sam, where are you?" Skate asked,"You're usually the first one here, is there traffic?"

"S-S-Skate," He manage to say.

"Sam, what's wrong?" Skate said concerned,"Are you having a.."

"Y-Yes, h-help," Sam said beginning to cry more,"I'm in my car driving there."

"Shh, Sammy, listen to me," Skate said in a soothing tone,"Breathe, and listen to me."

"I hear them, N-Nate," He said attempting to grip the steering wheel,"They are saying mean things t-to me.

Sam begin to break down more, feeling the car begin to move to the left towards the other side of the road where cars are.

"Don't listen to them, everything they say is wrong, you are amazing!" Skate basically screamed,"You are a brilliant goalkeeper, a hardworking student, and my best friend!"

Sam bit his lip holding in a whimper. He is so weak, Sam feel like my heart is going to explode. On the other line, Sam can hear another man screaming for Skate. Only he did not hang up.

"Shut up! My best friend and toe best player is having a fucking anxiety attack!" He yelled,"You can throw me out, I don't fucking care! I--"

"N-Nate stop!" I screamed,"Ow..."

Sam's heart was being squeezed. Tears stinging his eyes. He feel the car move to the left more. Sam hears car honking their horns.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, I'm here," he said like soft tone,"Open your eyes, and sit up straight."

"I-I can't," Sam said trying to do it.

"Sammy, remember when you made that impossible save across the net, you won that game for us," he said making me giggle,"If you can pull off that amazing play that you can do anything."

Same opened his eyes seeing half his car was over the yellow double line. He successfully move his car back over. He see the field, his boys practicing, and even Skate on the side lines hovered over his phone. He parked the car and wiped my tears. He slowly open my door and use it to help me stand up. His cleats were getting dirt all over the bottom, feeling a little bit of rain hitting my nose. Sammy wipes his eyes and see someone running over to him. His vision cleared seeing that Skate was running over to me. He was in tears and also sweating, it was a long run over here. He bent over to catch his breath, then gave Sammy a back breaking hug. Skate began to cry, he never cries, especially in public. He suddenly lets go and slaps Sammy in the face.