Epilogue Life's Like This

Beginne am Anfang

He turned his car off and stepped outside. "Ok, remember I'm here if you need me."

"I  know, thank you; see you soon and say hi to your mom for me," Lynn said.

"You too, and say hi to that idiot for me, tell him that he owes me a rematch at chess," and when that was said, they both bid there farewells and David hid his phone back in his pockets.

He checked himself in the side view mirror of his car to make sure if he looked decent before heading inside the building. A lot had changed since back then, David was now twenty years old and he felt more mature and stronger.

Even his aspect had changed. His usual spiky hair that he would comb backwards at times was now longer. On the back of his head, his locks were scruffy, covering most of his neck as his bangs did the same for his eyes.

He was not a particular fan of the messy look, but when he let himself go, it became second nature. Nonetheless, it seemed as if his new looks managed to turn more heads than what he anticipated, so the change was well received at least.

Walking up to the receptionist at the front desk of the hospital, David flashed her a smile. His bright blue eyes forced the woman to blush as he spoke.

"How is she doing?" he asked.

"Lily is recovering well, she's looking forward to seeing you today," the lady said as she fumbled with the signage papers.

David chuckled, put his signature down on the forms and quickly made his way up to the second floor where her room was. He was so enthused to tell her about the good news that he almost burst through the door.

"Mom!" he exclaimed, startling Lily as she looked up from her hospital bed.

Every now and then, Lily would fall prey to the virus, but now that it was almost completely out of her system, she could focus on recovering. It was bad enough that she needed to learn how to live with a prosthetic arm.

"David honey, what's wrong?" she asked, lifting the bionic-looking arm to touch her chest out of fear.

No matter what the action was, she would always try to use that arm than the other. Lily felt as if it would benefit her health somehow.

"I have great news!" David started as he sat in the chair next to her small table where a framed picture stood.

"Don't tell me you've learned more of those dangerous werewolf tricks," Lily scolded, eyeing her son with a glare.

"Nope, Exsavior is back! I found him!" he said, almost beaming now as he watched his mother become bewildered. It did not take long for her to gasp and realize what he was saying.

"Oh dear," she voiced, tearing up at the thought of Exsavior as David embraced her. She then let the sobs flow freely within his arms.

"I thought he was dead," she cried.

"I know mom, but he is dad's nephew after all. He won't go down that easily." Sometime after everything that happened, David decided to come forth and be completely honest with his mother.

There was no avoiding it, even if he wanted to keep her in the dark. Lily had witnessed it all, so David had no choice but to tell her. The best part was that his mother took it well. She suspected something was off, but never did she imagine it was something so bizarre.

Nevertheless, after she finally understood the truth about Exsavior and Rigel, she was happy-more than David had ever seen her.

"Oh, I want to see him," Lily said, clasping her hands together as David smiled.