Chapter 56 Immortals; The Second Black Night part 2

Chapter 56

Immortals

        ~The Second Black Night part 2~

"They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be."

~Fall Out Boy~

Ezekias's presence was a force like no other. It made her feel nauseous, wary of everything around her. Lorelai walked quietly behind her master as they traversed the old cemetery—the place where they liberated Dante and Locke.

"Oakwood Melody Cemetery, did you know that witches created this place?" His voice echoed within her ears.

Lorelai lifted her eyes from the ground to see the man's back. He was hovering over the ground, something that he was doing a lot more often now—as if he could not be bothered to walk.

Ezekias was changing, every day he gained something new that would alter his powers drastically, and this night was no different. The man's silvery hair moved and glistened like an ethereal being and the rest of him, although appearing normal, screamed the opposite. His black suit was tainted in blood, but his body just seemed too composed.

As if he was hiding something underneath...

"This will be the spot, the earth here ripples with mana." When he heard no response from Lorelai, he continued to speak, levitating before an old tombstone.

"Now, I need you to retrieve something for me." This time, his words made her speak.

"What do you need master?" she asked.

"Find Skylar, and get the book from her. You have my permission to kill her as well."

That was easier said than done—Skylar was incredibly powerful, but it wasn't like Lorelai had a choice. Thus, without so much as a word, she nodded and vanished into the night air, leaving a chill behind.

~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~

The entire city was falling under ruin. All over, humans were transforming into Aberhants—they slayed their own and destroyed everything in sight. It was ghastly.

Spit flew out of her mouth, the liquid mixed in with her blood, but she was unaffected by it. One hand flew to the side of her lip as she wiped off whatever red fluid that was dripping from her face.

"This is getting ugly," Lynn said with gleaming dead eyes when she kicked the lifeless giant she slayed.

Her vision reflected the gruesome sight with the light of the fiery cars being her only illumination. Some exploded and took down houses along with lives, while echoing sirens fought against the screaming humans. There were just too many Aberhants to even think of saving everyone.

Lynn scoffed, and remained tense when she pulled out her blade from another dead creature that was behind her. It only took seconds for the cry of a child to reach her ears as she lifted her gaze.

A flying Aberhant with a monstrous tail chased the young boy relentlessly. It stretched out its appendage to ensnare the kid. The creature was incredibly smooth all over, having no form or indication of lips or a mouth. Instead, it revealed a gaping hole with countless fangs as it prepared to devour the young one.