"Damn, Dior I'm so sorry man. I could've been protecting you." I felt so bad. She moved slightly and I watched her as her eyes came open slowly.

"Kaydence?" She looked up at me in confusion. I knew she was wondering what the hell I was doing here but I would explain all of that later. "I thought yo-"

"I know, Ima explain but what are you doin up here and who did this to you?" I knew I shouldn't have been thinking about killing a motherfucka right now but somebody was gon die as soon as I got to the bottom of this shit.

"Kaydence, move in day was yesterday. And I don't know.. I don't know anyone here but Paige." She answered, a single tear rolled down her face. "I lost my phone, mama probably doesn't even know."

"She does and don't worry about that, I can get you a phone tomorrow.." I wiped her face. There was a knock at the door and we both turned to see who was walking in. It was Ocho's sister. They shared a moment.

"Yo, I'll be back aight?" Dior nodded and I walked out. Ocho was standing with his back against the wall in the hall.

"You straight?"

"Nah.. I won't be straight until I figure out who the fuck did this shit and kill em man." I said, clenching my jaw.

"Let's ride then." We headed out and were on our way back to Queens. The ride was silent and the only thing on my mind was offing somebody.

"Yoooo, what's good?" Nuk greeted us as we walked into the trap "Ain't shit good. You heard about that shooting earlier?" I asked.

"The one with Mitch?"

Daniella's POV

My phone began vibrating, waking me up out of my sleep. I checked the time before answering, it was 3:10 in the morning but it was Ms. Celina calling so I had to answer.

"Hello?"

"Daniella, I know it's late but sweetie Dior got shot. I need a huge favor." I hopped out of bed when she said Dior got shot. "Are you okay? What do you need me to do?" I put the phone on speaker and quickly found something to wear.

"She's all the way in New York, can you ride with me?"

"Yes, I'm getting dressed now. I'm about to send my address." We ended the call and I quickly sent her my address. Too much shit was going on at one time.

I slid my yoga pants on after putting on a PINK hoodie. I ran in my closet to find a pair of shoes, sliding the adidas on I went downstairs, grabbing my phone and keys. I had work at 6 but would have to call in, I decided to do that while I wait on Ms. Celine's arrival.

When she got to my house I rushed outside and got in the car. "Is she okay?" I asked, in panic mode. "Yes but my baby didn't deserve that. Why is all of this stuff happening to me and my family?" She cried as she sped off and onto the freeway.

"There's a reason for everything Ms. Celine. Everything will be fine in the end."

"I hope so because Lord, I am tired." She said more so to the high power than me.

3 hours of trying to stay positive and we were parking in front of Mercy Hospital of Buffalo. We walked quickly into the hospital and waited in the line at the front desk. Ms. Celine was still crying and I knew Kaydence was gonna be pissed once he found out about this.

"How may I help you guys tonight?" The receptionist asked the two of us. "My daughter got shot tonight. Dior Ortiz." She ran through the charts and found Dior's last name.

"Room 457." She smiled warmly and we walked off. When we got to the room I decided to sit out in the hallway and wait for Ms. Celine. Her and a young girl who was leaving the room shared a few words before she walked in.