twenty-eight

Veronica
***

It was hot and humid and it was almost six in the morning and Veronica was sure that she was going to pass out soon. She was about seven more vodka shots in than she normally would be and she felt a tiny bit mentally dead.

The blonde hadn't been this drunk since high school and she felt so unsure about where she was and where she would be.

She was sitting on Luke's lap, once again, and the two were passing a bottle of vodka back and forth as they watched the partygoers that were still intensely drinking and dancing. Veronica was sure that she had seen at least one boy hook up with four different girls in the same friend circle and the blonde was sure that it would not end well.

"You're so fucking beautiful," Luke whispered slowly, pressing his lips against the pale skin of her neck.

Veronica leaned back into the touch and allowed the boy to just casually keep kissing her skin. She turned around on Luke's lap and watched as he continued his attack on her skin. Luke's lips slowly drifted off her skin and the blonde let out a small whine. She noticed that he was looking towards something else and she shifted to face the commotion as well.

She faced Luke's band member, Ashton, holding onto his ex Breanna. She seemed as if she were ready to leave but Ashton was drunkenly holding onto her hand, begging for her to stay.

"I still love you," Ashton slurred out, letting his other hand to go to her waist.

"Ash, you cheated on me. I don't love you anymore. You ruined everything that happened between us," Breanna said calmly. She was too sweet. Veronica knew that if it were her, she would've hit the boy.

"It was a mistake. Please take me back," Ashton whined, pulling the girl closer to him.

She grimaced but allowed Ashton to bring her closer. The brunet let his lips trail against her neck but she pushed away before he could do anything.

"You cheated on me. It's never going to happen again. We're not going to be together again," Breanna said calmly.

"But I still love you," Ashton said sadly.

Breanna sighed and brought the drunk boy over to a small couch. He sat down next to the blonde as she sat down.

"Sweetie, you don't love me. You like the idea of us being together but you don't love me. If you did you wouldn't have cheated," Breanna said sadly. She pressed a light kiss to Ashton's cheek and was soon quickly moving away.

Ashton watched after her sadly before he got up and threw the bottle of beer he had in his hand against the empty wall near him. Glass shattered and the white wall was stained an ugly pale yellow.

"Ash?" Luke asked softly, he pushed Veronica off his lap and gave her a look saying that he had to help his best friend. Veronica smiled and motioned for him to go.

Maybe they weren't always as awful as Veronica would assume. They cared for each other even if Los Angeles had corrupted the rest of their relationships.

***

I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG. IVE BEEN SO BUSY AND THIS IS STILL SUPER SHORT. SORRY. I've just been so stressed and I needed a break. I'm basically going on a hiatus until November. I'll update but super super slowly sorry.

Also I'm so angry right now, literally I haven't felt so livid in years, so Imma just get off wattpad and try and calm down sorry

-El