five

"Why are there two empty mugs already?" Calum asked Amity in a teasing voice. He had been about half an hour late and he wasn't surprised that his girlfriend had drank that much coffee.

"You kept not showing up and I kept finishing my coffee," Amity said sheepishly. She reached across the table and Calum met her hand with his. They laced their fingers together and Calum smiled widely.

He was wearing a dark green flannel and regular black skinny jeans. A pair of boots were placed on his feet and a dark grey beanie muted his curls. Amity knew that she'd have to claim dibs on that flannel later. Calum must've taken it back because she had hidden it in her closet for when he was away.

"You look cute today," he said, rubbing his thumb over her small, little fingers. He loved her fingers.

"You say that everyday," Amity said giggling. A blush made its way on to the small girl's cheeks as Calum held her hand.

"Did you order breakfast yet?" Calum asked.

Amity nodded her head no so Calum got up and went to the counter to order them their food. He waited at the end and came back with a asiago cheese bagel for Amity and a blueberry muffin for himself and yet another round of coffee. Even though his girlfriend would be bouncing off the walls with a third cup of coffee. He smiled sleepily at his girlfriend.

"You look tired," Amity said pouting slightly. She didn't want Calum to meet up with her if that was cutting in to his sleeping time.

"I went to a party with the guys last night. That's when I was texting you. I had to make sure Michael didn't do anything stupid while he went to dance with some blonde chick or else I would've left earlier," Calum explained, sighing and rubbing at his eyes.

"That stinks. We can always go home and cuddle so you can catch up on sleep."

"Can we make out too?" Calum asked, a cheeky smile making its way onto his face.

"I guess," Amity sighed, a look of annoyance on her face but Calum knew she was joking.

"Don't be mean," Calum said, playfully flicking his girlfriend's hand softly with his pointer finger, "Let me drink my coffee in peace."

"That's my coffee!" Amity gasped, trying to reach to grab her mug but Calum pulled back so it was out of reach.

"It's mine now," Calum said, taking a sip of it.

Amity tried to grab her coffee back, making Calum jerk the mug and cause a bit to spill on him.

"Fuck," he muttered.

"No foul language!" Amity scolded, a grin on her face, as she handed her boyfriend a napkin.

Calum rolled his eyes at his girlfriend and to prove his point, drank the rest of the coffee.

"I'm breaking up with you now."

"Why-What-Why?" Calum asked sputtering on his final gulp of coffee.

"You drank my coffee," Amity simply stated.

***

Calum and Amity were now walking down the streets towards Amity's apartment and holding hands. Amity had Calum's hand in one hand and a to-go cup of coffee in the other.

"Do you want to go shopping later today?" Calum asked, starting to swing their hands in over exaggerated movements.

"No. You always spend money on me when I don't want you to. At all. I don't like when you buy me stuff," Amity replied.

"I promise we'll just look," Calum said, a pleading look in his eyes. He wanted to spoil his princess.

"I guess we can," Amity sighed.

They continued walking down the street until they made it to Amity's apartment building. She liked that she lived near the cafe they had been in. 

The pair raced up the three flights of stairs. Eventually stopping on the second floor when Calum picked up Amity and  started running up with her instead. Amity was laughing loudly and giggling while Calum ran up with her. He loved the sounds escaping her lips.

Amity was only placed down to open her apartment door but as soon as it was she was off the floor again and on the way to her room.

"How about that cuddling?" Calum asked, taking off his flannel and throwing it at Amity and collapsing on to the bed.

"Can you help me pull off my jeans?" Calum asked.

Amity motioned for Calum to unbutton them and unzip them and push them down a bit and she did the rest so they were off. Amity soon followed and pulled off her shirt and replaced it with Calum's flannel. She collapsed on the bed soon after.

"I love you so much Ams," Calum mumbled, pulling the small girl close to him for the first time in three days.

***

These are my favorite chapters and I have so many good ones planned for Amity I'm in love.

-malumwritings