one

Veronica

***

Veronica Golbin looked over her shoulder, loving the way the cameras captured all her essence of glamor. Her blonde hair was hanging loosely, free of any constraints, in giant curls. She felt so elegant and classy. Veronica fucking loved it.

She wasn't well known for anything but that didn't matter. The paparazzi took pictures of whomever they could. She had her best friend Scarlett to her left and the two stayed in front of the main spotlight as much as they possibly could.

The flashes seemed to make Veronica's blue eyes shine more brightly as they reflected off the crystal color. The bright lights were comforting to them, knowing people actually cared about them being dressed perfectly for the Billboard Music Awards.

Veronica and Scarlett were directed off the main carpet staging area and were taken to their seats. They passed many big name musicians on the way. Nicki Minaj. Selena Gomez. Adele. Justin Bieber. Veronica had to admit that she freaked out a bit once she saw Adele.

They walked past many familiar faces but both of them weren't allowed to talk to any of celebrities. They may have had incredible tickets to the event but not that all exclusive. Both girls sat down in their chairs, Veronica adjusting the fabric of her black dress so that she could sit properly.

"Do you see those guys walking this way?" Scarlett asked, pointing out the four boys headed in their general direction.

All of them looked as if they had stepped 1990's Kerrang! magazine. They must've been the band that was rumored to win 'Best Song of the Year' and 'Best Up and Coming Artist of the Year' awards.

"Who are they?" Veronica asked, watching the red head laugh at something the taller blonde one had said.

"5 Seconds of Summer. They're an Australian band that started on YouTube. They opened for One Direction a few years ago and became popular quickly. They're a bit known for having groupies and partying a lot," Scarlett explained.

Veronica looked over to the group of four boys and watched as they all interacted with each other. She had to admit that the tall blonde was the cutest and she'd do anything to get with him.

"Are any of them taken?" Veronica asked curiously, eyeing the boys that were walking into the row ahead of theirs.

"All of them except Michael. Luke's dating a girl named Quinn, Ashton's dating a girl named Breanna and Calum's dating a girl named Amity. The fandoms love Breanna and Amity but full on despise Quinn," Scarlett said, more quietly this time in a whisper now that the boys were so close.

"Good to know," Veronica said softly.

The lights dimmed, making the two girls go quiet. The beat of a familiar song started playing, from the Top 40's of course, and soon the artist, that was a one-hit-wonder, ended up on the stage through some sort of entrance and started singing the song.

It was the same at every award show.

***

Veronica was beyond bored. They only had five awards to announce left and two of them were the ones the band that was sitting in front of her was nominated for.

"Now the winner... for the 'Best Song of the Year' goes to... Taylor Swift with her song Bad Blood!" Ed Sheeran and Calvin Harris both shouted into the microphone.

Veronica immediately heard a groan from the row in front of her. She immediately leaned forward in her seat a bit so she could hear better. She moved enough so it wasn't noticeable but it gave her access.

"I can't believe Taylor won that fucking award," was the first complaint and soon after they were slowly trickling in.

"She's such a bitch and such a slut. It's literally about her writing about another ex-boyfriend. She keeps writing about the same old things."

"She's such a bitch. Taylor wouldn't return any of my messages even if they were nice to her," Veronica heard another voice grumble.

"The album came out in 2014. It shouldn't even count. We came out with Sounds Good Feels Good this year. That should count," the first voice she had heard spoke again.

The boys eventually quieted down because they knew that there was one more award they were nominated for and they shouldn't be completely discouraged just yet.

"Winner of the 'Up and Coming Artist of the Year' award is...  Shawn Mendes. He is best known for the song he released this year called Stitches and is doing well for only being seventeen! Congratulations Shawn!" the celebrity that Veronica couldn't name said excitedly.

People clapped as Shawn went on stage and said his acceptance speech but all Veronica could focus on was the horrible things the band in front of her were saying about the younger teenager.

They insulted him, his clothes, his music, his singing. Everything possible. Veronica was shocked. The band should've been happy for even being nominated.

Veronica leaned back in her seat once she realized the red head and the dark haired brunette had started to talk about which apartment they would all be staying in collectively to monitor what the others did. It was just so that they wouldn't do anything drastic for not winning any awards.

She flipped a few strands of her blonde hair behind her shoulder and recrossed her legs. This was going to be interesting. It was very much going to be.

***

Here is the first chapter!! It was nice to sort of have a week off but I'm back now. I hope you guys like it.

I see Bryana as Breanna I just didn't want the name to be the same 100% and yeah

DISCLAIMER AGAIN: I DONT BELIEVE 5SOS WOULD DO THIS. THEY WOULD BE HAPPY FOR THE OTHER CELEBRITIES. DO NOT GET JUDGMENTAL OVER SOME OF THE CELEBRITIES MENTIONED. OF COURSE THEYD BE AT A HUGE AWARD SHOW. 5SOS WOULD NOT DO THIS. ITS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE BOOK AND FOR FICTIONAL PURPOSES DO NOT WORRY. THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE!!!

I'm so excited though. I have this so planned out and I'm so excited to see how it goes and how you guys react to it. Xx

Also the dress Veronica was wearing is in the media so yeah :-)

~malumwritings