Chapter 11

Olis Martis

"Where is she?"

An apparent answer from the face of Jazz tells the answer.

"You did not do your job properly. What should I--"

"I came across unexpectedly the one I've mentioned to you who's serving another master than you. I quit following your kid and turned to that dog."

"And what did you find out?" Remembering the report given to me months ago, one of my protectors is serving two bosses at once. When finding it, that man suddenly melt his presence and lost everywhere. Now, it might be connected to what happened last year, though the case was closed, the silent investigation continues. To know who are the threats, that poison threat. It does not leave this mind, and I need to know to protect my girl from the unknown.

"I lost him."

Rage raise for what happened but controlled, "You lost two birds with one stone... very difficult indeed."

Ashamed of it, "Yes, it's my untrained skill that I easily lost them."

I look at him, "Eat those," I said with a somber voice while pointing to the plated food at the center table.

He looked at me with disgust, "Why should I?"

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not going to poison you. Those were prepared by Hasmina. You should calm yourself through those, it will help you. You're stiff and pressured."

Hesitant but followed the command. Maybe starve, because it was eaten very quickly. And I am now looking at those empty plates.

"You fool! I did not say you should fill all of those to your stomach! That was prepared for me and you should grab some and not all of it," annoyed of not even tasting it.

"It was so delicious... that was my first tasting her food."

Smiling proudly, the annoyance is gone, "Yah, she can cook and creates food that is so delicious. You're right," not continuing on what I heard the word - first, "Then go now and find her. She could be where food festivals are ongoing or to those food chains she wanted to be."

It was immediately followed by Jazz, willing to do the job correctly.

So many to look upon. One thing I have noticed about Hasmina's character is, unstable in one place.

Hasmina Hilson

Amsterdam. Mahigit pitong buwan na simula ng malayo sa grupo at napapadpad sa iba't ibang lugar.

Nakatanggap ng mensahe mula sa leader na pumunta sa lugar na ito. Walang sinabi kung saan at puro pag-aabang lang ang ginagawa.

Pupunta ba ang leader dito?

Dalawang araw ng palakad lakad sa bawat sulok ng city at sa mga katabi pang city. Walang message ng sinabing nandito na ako. Hindi din palagay na nakaupo lang sa isang lugar kapag ang leader ay may nais ipagawa. Kagaya noong magkasama kami sa loob ng isang buwan.

Habang naglalakad, mula sa kabilang sidewalk, napatingin sa batang parang nagmamadali sa paghakbang kahit mabigat tingnan ang nasa likod nito at may bitbit pang nakabalot sa tela sa harapan.

Hindi namalayan napatitig na lamang sa batang ito. Kakaibang pakiramdam ang nagkaroon sa loob.

Awa? Palagi naman kapag sa mga bata. Kagaya ng 'ako' noon, ang naghahanap palagi. Napangiti ng mapait. Bakit pa ba naiisip ang nakaraan? Mayroon ng tunay na ama na mahal ako at palaging gusto ako pabantayan, hindi kagaya noon na palaging napapabayaan.

Naputol ang naiisip ng mas mapansin kahit sa malayo na, ang bata ay hindi maganda ang lakad, parang nahihirapan. Walang alinlangan sinundan, tumawid sa kalsada at sumunod sa likod ng bata. Totoo nga ang napansin, hirap ito sa paglalakad.