Chapter 15

Olis Martis

Tomorrow's come. 

Inside of a conference meeting. Men in my circle are not yet done talking about the news. It was written all over the paper, of what happened last night and after that, this morning. Almost all papers are on it, published in an official gazette. News this morning are talking continuously of the word - lucky.

Yes. Lucky indeed. Dew Gram survived. The only person from the old records and from other countries' reports, Dew is still alive.

"It's all over the news."

"Some supporters of Mr. Gram are celebrating early this morning. They are grateful almost to kneel when the terrific tide passes through. They said it was a blessing from heaven."

"Sure enough, Mr. Gram is still fortunate to continue living."

"Good grace is abiding this country. His protections should be awarded for their acts."

"It should be."

I remain quiet from what was heard. Questions are flowing to be answered, not from the recent event but from--

"I'm curious. I am a retired marine. One of my friends called me this morning. A friend told me the terrible situation of the assigned men for it. The news tells us the flow of the worst scenarios... but not all. How did Mr. Gram actually survive when all his defenses broke to the ground and cannot even tell what was the real situation where he was consigned?"

"You are not alone to think of that, I am too. Only the reports were, those friends who stood beside him, left him behind for some reasons which they did not reveal. Mr. Gram came out alone from his chateau and no one followed him, even for those two reported intruders, did not show after that. After he was removed from that place and got over inside the national service security... it remains like that."

"And Mr. Dew Gram doesn't give yet his testimony."

"A shock after all for him."

Their conversation, I am listening to it, part of it. I have a more serious matter aside from it rather than speaking my thoughts of amending Dew Gram.

I should be wrong.

It should not be right.

But I have seen it. My both eye saw it.

I saw her. I saw my daughter.

I have no strength to ask.

I kept my mouth shut.

I need to confirm it first.

But it should be done without anyone knowing. It may be the cause of losing my only daughter if I acted recklessly. I should give my all for Hasmina's protection and future, and for Himna also.

For both of them.

Trod Villan

May pagnanais sa sarili na hindi matukoy kung ano. Maliit lamang na parang alikabok pero nakakabulag.

Ang dapat asikasuhin ay ang gustong mangyari para sa ngayon bakasyon pero ang minsan ay lumalangoy ang isip na may sariling hasang papunta sa kailaliman na hindi maarok ng sino man, na kung susubukan ay walang saysay ang kakahinatnan.

"Trod."

"Yes, lo?" Lumabas agad ng kwarto at tinalikuran ang pagtitig sa pakwadradong larawan. Nakapatong lang sa sulok at nakakabit pa rin ang balot, walang balak isabit at itago lang sa basement pero hindi namalayan ang sarili kanina na naghahanap ng sabitan. Tsk!

"Are you ready?" Nang makaharap dito.

"Yes I am, always am," walang takot kong sagot.

"Good. Later this afternoon, we have a flight going there. I prepared your passport and visa, do not worry about that, you only need to think more about getting the eyes of your boss through your hard work. I know you have that in you. I will not recommend you if not. You will work there full-time for two months and come back here after that," with a serious face, "you got it?"