Spiritual Status

How would you define your relationship with God today?

Reasonable?

Lively?

Dry?

Just getting by?

Fruitful?

~/~

Looking at the words above, there is only one thing that changes for one to become a reality. And that one thing is you.

God never changes, only we do.

Now, being truthful with you guys...this is kind of hard to type. If someone read that to me, I would immediately get defensive...but it's the truth. We dictate what type of relationship we want with God. God never forcibly pushes Himself into things, He just always there, revealing Himself, and waiting for us to accept Him. And this stuff isn't hard work! I am a living testimony! I have had times of doubt, and I really didn't want to, but I felt that God was "up there" and I was "down here". I wanted to know more of Him, but I wanted Him to do all the work. Here's the thing...He was already doing all the work, I just hadn't grasped it all yet. How I grew with God was when I really wrestled my doubts and gave them to God. Then I really tried my best in focusing and reading His Word in my devotions. I didn't push away His gentle voice in my conscience. And I started to have His perspective in my everyday life. Today I can say, that His Presence is real, and His is Immanuel (God with us).

God will never leave us or forsake us (Deut. 31:6), He just loves us too much for that. But we must be careful not to push God away into a little box. Think of this analogy I heard..."It's like having Jesus come into your room. You say 'hey Jesus! Welcome! This is my bed, my closet, my desk, my mirror, oh and check out this new window sill I got installed! Yah, I know it's pretty cool. Anyways, um just stand over there...yah that's good. I'll get you a chair later, but your job is pretty much just sitting....oh, and don't touch anyting. Yah, that sounds good...I'll be doing my stuff over here.' "

That is not what Jesus is. He isn't like some trophy we get and then let it collect dust. When Jesus says He is with us...He is with us. This means every blessed day is a day with Jesus. Ups or downs, He is always by our side.

Let's not take this precious relationship for granted. We must treasure or relationship with Christ, and strive to deepen it everyday by reading His word, and spending time in prayer with Him.

So, what is your spiritual status with God?

From my heart to yours,

presh115

~/~

QUESTION: Would you rather spend the day at a beach or park? (I honestly don't know...I have so much fun in both places!)

A/N:

Surprise Saturday update! I wanted to do this yesterday, but it just slipped from my mind...anyways, have a happy weekend!