HE IS FIRST

Hello my wonderful readers!! How is everyone? Yah...I'm good too. ;)

SONG DAY!!!!

Today's song is First by Lauren Daigle.

Goodness, I have heard this song like, I don't know....so many times. But now I really listen to it, the lyrics are so powerful and put things in perspective.

Before I bring my need

I will bring my heart

Before I lift my cares

I will lift my arms

Do we actually do that? Do we put God first in everything we do?

//

This past Sunday, our Sunday School class looked at Psalm 119, the "great Psalm". Did you guys know that this Psalm is the longest Psalm and the longest chapter in the WHOLE Bible?? I know! The entire Bible!

Anyways, our lesson pointed out that in the second verse, "the psalmist stated that those who seek God with their 'whole heart' will be blessed. And the question asked us, what that would look like, for us to seek God with everything.

The lesson also mentioned that many have the viewpoint of the "heart" being specifically our emotions, but the Bible's definition is more than just our emotions. It also incorporates our thoughts and will. When we learn to put God first, God in our hearts, all the aspects of our emotions, thoughts, and will, will be to God. That is how we seek God, obey God, and keep God. Keeping God first, above everything, and also keeping Him in our hearts, with us.

~~

"Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts". (Psalm 119:2 NLT)

~~

"Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions;
I will put them into practice with all my heart". (Psalm 119:34 NLT)

~~

"Arrogant people smear me with lies,
but in truth I obey your commandments with all my heart". (Psalm 119:69 NLT)

~~

//

Before I speak a word

Let me hear Your voice

The more we read the Bible, the more we understand who we are in the world, compared to God, we begin to really see that we are not much at all. However, it is hard. This entire world tells us to look "in" before "out", and then what I see is celebrities having to try extra hard to show everyone that they are doing good...but hey, what can you do?

//

You are my treasure and my reward

Let nothing ever come before

treasure-> He means so much, we don't ever want to lose Him. For what He has done, He is the most prized possession.

reward-> Though essentially, He did all the "work", our lives are better, making us new.

//

More than anything I want, I want You

First

//

~~

We owe everything God, that is why He is first.

~~

From my heart to yours,

presh115

~~

QUESTION: Who else is excited for Christmas?? (WHOO!! I am soooo excited, fun, fun, fun!!)

~~

A/N: Oh my goodness, to me it feels like I haven't updated in like 10 years --___--,  I know...I am so sorry :( But since I got a little homework break, I took advantage of it! Have a wonderful week!!!!!