Rivalry's End. Yuno VS Arturo!(1 of 2)

Yuno drew his 5 cards into his hand and began the duel, "I'll start us!" he said as he looked at his hand. "I set two cards face down, and summon Performapal Skullcrobat Joker, meaning i can add one Performapal, Magician Pendulum monster or Odd-Eyes monster. I add Acrobat Magician" he said as he held the monster out and then ended his turn.

"My turn then, Draw!" Arturo said looking at his hand and summoned, "I summon Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius, which allows me to summon a level 4 or lower Raidraptor to the field also, meaning Raidraptor - Avenge Vulture comes to the field too. Next, i use the effect of Raidraptor - Fuzzy Lanius to special summon it to the field." he said as the three Raidraptors land one by one, all level 4's. "Now, by using the 3 level 4 Raidrpators, I overlay!" he said as the 3 monsters turn a shade of purple and shot into the vortex before them.

"Obscured Falcon,  relinquish your bounds and fight for your morals. XYZ Shokan! Appear! Rank 4, Raidraptor - Rise Falcon!" he said as the falcon landed in defense mode, 2000 defense strength. I set one card down, and end my turn." Arturo said as he stood beside his falcon.

"My turn then." Yuno said drawing, knowing he would rank up his raptor like last time. He knew that much was certain this duel, a rank up magic. Yuno looked at his hand, Acrobat Magician, timebreaker Magician, a trap card and timegazer. He saw a chance, and smirked. He played, "I summon timebreaker magician!" he said as the younger timegazer flew forth. "This card allows me to banish one monster on your field for this turn until my next standby phase! I banish Rise Falcon adn Timebreaker Magician to activate its effect! Time Jump!" he said as timebreaker magician spun his sword and warped him and Rise Falcon into it, banishing the raptor away. Arturo was dumb founded. "Wha-Impressive... nice...." he said clearly impressed as he saw the boy motion, "Battle! Skullcrobat joker attacks you directly!" he said as arturo began to run, catching Yuno off guard. Arturo was leaping up the platforms and saw the man above play a magic card, "Action magic! evasion! I negate one attack this turn." he said as he leaped to another platform, ignoring the 1800 damage he'd recieve.

"What! Cheat!" he said as arturo was one platform above him. "This is action dueling. This is how we'll beat Academia. the Field magic we use spawns the platforms and action cards, powerful magic cards that can change a whole turn to our favor. You got to leap and run with the duel," He said as Yuno saw the way. "I see.. I gotta run like a real warrior, and duel like this." he said as Yuno nodded and ended his turn with a contemplative smile.

Arturo was content that he was teaching this kid something. Action Dueling would mean victory over Academia in the future. He drew his card and looked down. His eyes showed hope as he played, "I play Raidraptor - Call!" He said playing the spell and fishing through his deck, "This allows me to add one Raidraptor of my choice to my hand from my deck. I select Vanishing Lanius. I next summon my Vanishing Lanius, allowing me to summon  another Raidraptor monster, i select a second Vanishing Lanius, meaning i pick one more raidraptor! I select the 3rd monster i have in here, Raidraptor - Sharp Lanius! Now, i activate my sharp Lanius' effect! I can swap one face-up monster on the field into face-down Defense! I target Crobat Joker!" he said as joker was hidden under his own card. Battle! Attack that joker Sharp Lanius! Vanishing lanius's! Follow after! Bombing run!" he said as the birds swoop in, Yuno darting towards a card he saw, his leap just in time as he held up an action card, "action magic! Miracle! The monster targeted isn't destroyed, adn the damage i take is halved!" he said as he dropped to 1300, and sighed and looked at Arturo, a bit dirty but better than losing 2600 life. "Impressive call, i end my turn." he said as he lowered his blade for Yuno's turn.

Yuno drew his card, the monsters banished returning, Timebreaker Magician and Rise Falcon flying to the field from a wormhole, Falcon having lost his overlay units. "Now that my standby phase has come, they return to the field. I then set 4 cards, two face down, and the pendulum scale, using scale 2 Acrobat Magician and scale 8 Timegazer Magician!" he said looking at his magicians rise to the pendulum collumn. Now, i summon that crippled Crobat Joker! nad now i battle! Timebreaker magician attacks your vanishing lanius! And Crobat joker attacks your Sharp Lanius!" he said as the two monsters leap towards the birds, taking them out and dealing 200 damage to Arturo, a small hit. "Nice, that's all?" he said as Yuno shrugged, and looked at his other hand holding an action card adn flashing it, standing two platforms up as Arturo chuckled, "action magic, Second Wind! I can attack once more per monster, but they deal half the battle damage they normally would. Now, Skullcrobat Joker attacks your Rise Falcon!" he said as Rise Falcon fell, with 850 going to Arturo as damage and 50 going to arturo again from another battle, for 900 damage total, dropping the man to 2900 life left to Yuno's 2700.

"That ends my turn, a weakened field on your part." Yuno said as Arturo stood up, and showed a face up quick-play card. "Quick-play magic. Rank-Up-Magic; Raptors Force." Arturo said showing the glowing card. "This targets a Raidraptor XYZ mosnter in my graveyard and summons one raidraptor XYZ monster a rank higher than that target. Raidraptor - Rise Falcon, Overlay!" he said as his bird flew into the vortex, and begin to change.

"Ferocious falcon, break through this fierce battle and spread your wings! Destroy our gathering foes! Rank Up! Xyz Change! Come forth! Rank 5! Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon!"  Arturo chanted as the red Falcon's cry echoed over the city watching the battle on their televisions, the fight to see the most powerful duelist in Pearl City. This title was pity talk compared to the rivalry and test these two had for one another. Arturo wanted Yuno to prove himself, Yuno wanted Arturo to fight with all he can, knowing the 'leader' of the new Lancers should beat a lackey foot soldier.