Dinner Break; Jacob's morals

The group went across the road to a local burger joint, Jame's grill. They sat at a patio table as Andres and Cesar gawked over their new toys; the Duel Disks. Although prototypes; clearly Jacob's demonstration duel proved they worked. "Jake, your lucky! Why couldn't I get a duel disk!!" Cesar said as he was taking some fries from
Andres mid duel, small game it seemed. "Maybe Arturo didn't see the potential in my deck? Who would play performapals... Ya?" Jacob said as he ate a bite of his cheeseburger. "They're powerful, but they are more strong if used with a combination of more than just their core cards." Andres said playing fusion and digging in his extra deck.

Jacob looked through his deck. About 50 cards in it wth 3 extra deck. Problem, if he were to go to a major tournament and battle the league players; he'd lose big time. He had played the casual game his whole life as a duelist just as his friends. He looked up at his friends laughing as they play cards and smiled, liking it this way as he put his deck away and returned to his meal.

"I summon Cyber-stein! When he is summoned, I pay 5000 life to summon one fusion monster! I pick Blue-Eyes ultimate dragon! Attack dad directly!" A young Jacob said as his dad, while on the floor of the carpeted room flopped a trap card, "sorry son, but mirror force stops that attack, destroying blue eyes." He said as he played another trap, "now call of the haunted returns one monster to the field. I pick my Red-Eyes. Now it's over. I attack to rid off that last 2000 life." He said as Jacob frowns and looked at his dad smiling, "good duel. You surprised me with cyber stein, but know; you have to plan. It's all about having a fun game but you also need a back up plan incase your opponent isn't so... Fun loving as you. Ok?" He said as he gave his son a card, A card called Fusion, and said "learn fusion summoning. It is powerful and simple." he said before hugging his happy son, of only 8 years old at the time.

'Good times' Jacob thought to himself as he looked at his old Fusion. He smiled and slipped it into his card stack before he looked to katelyn and asked while they sat, "Kat, you think he gave these disks for a reason? Maybe.. I don't know... A lesson?" He said as Katelyn chuckled, "Pregty weird lesson. 'Beat me? Have expensive technology!' Jacob, it isn't that easy." She said as he shrugged as he looked at the white pad and folded wing over the touchpad. He smiled and sighed. "Perhaps... It's insurance... Us knowing we should keep going forth and getting better.. Who knows.." He said before they started laughing to one another as Cesar growled at losing and face planted the table, angry but laughing happily, the way friends would after a long day.

"Arturo-Sama. Would you mind answering, why? Why give those kids duel disks?" a voice asked Arturo as he rode to his tower downtown, "A test. These two... The power is unreal in them. If they can keep as strong.. Maybe I was wrong... In how I dueled." He said as he looked out the window, "And sir, if your wrong?" The voice said as he replied, "then.. That's just said.. Jacob and Katelyn... Duelists for the local life.. That would break my heart if they aren't as they claim. Friendly duelists; prove to me you don't play to just win." He said as the voice hung up and they rode to the tower.