Prologue

In the 1990's, Trading card games began to surface. From the classic Magic to Pokemon, they were growing to substantial fame. This is where Duel Monsters comes in, a form of trading cards where the two players battle using themed decks of monster, magic and trap cards. The goal was to drop the opponent's life to 0. Simple, yes, and it was a hit. Children from the ages of 5 up could play, and they did. Now, a new company, run by a man named Arturo Inzanki, aims to revamp this card game, and augment it for a future audience.

Jacob's alarm went off, his bedroom a mess of his own cards and wrappers from the new pack that released the night before. He gasped awake and cursed under hsi breath at hearing the 3rd of his alarms. "Oh no no no!!!" he said grabbing his shoes and shirt before running to his shower, checking his reflection. Even though his near-sighted eyes could barely make out detail, he saw it all okay; brown hair, hazel eyes, a chubby look, okay kid in an honest opinion. He ran out after his 'shower' and heard his phone ring after locking his door, being out the door last, "Yea, hello?" he said before getting yelled at by his friend. "JACOB ORTIZ! YOUR LATE AGAIN! THE BUS IS SHOWING UP NOW!!!", his friend said to the slacking kid. "OK, how long until the 5 gets to the stop Katlyn?" Jacob asked to a quick response of '2 minutes.'. Then Jacob ran, fast, leaping over the curbs of his city of Pearl City, Texas, a coastal city on the gulf of Mexico. He ran to the small bench, hopping it and slidding into the public bus with a groan... hearing the route name 'Route 3, southbound skip stop', causing him to groan, "One of those days... wonderful..."