The Wrong One 2 / Chen

"I'm sorry, but who exactly are you?"
You mumble softly.

"What?" Chen mutters.

You weakly sit up and stare at him.

"Am I supposed to know you?" You ask again. He looks down and you gasp.

"Oh no, are you my boyfriend?!" You yell out.

"Wha- No!" Chen mutters, slightly blushing.

"Oh thank god, if I forgot my boyfriend, I don't know what I would've done." You sighed in relief.

"Hey...Are you Chen!?" You exclaimed.

He jolted by your sudden voice.

He looked at you and nodded.
"I'm a huge fan! Why are you here?" You chuckled and then got a little bit questionable.

"I-We were best friends." Chen stuttered.

"Oh...Sorry I forgot about you! Let's be friends again." You cheerfully said, trying to cheer him up.

He smiled at you, but it felt a little weak.

"Your such a bummer. Smile a little more!" You snorted, and he couldn't help but laugh at you. You widely smiled, and you got a headache.

"Sorry, my head hurts, I think I'm gonna rest for a bit." You mumbled.

Chen nodded and left the room.

But he only left the room to cry, knowing his best friend had forgotten him, all because he was desperate to talk to her. His heart ached.

You lied. You didn't have a headache. You just needed to think. Think about who he was.

Chen came back into the room and found you sleeping tight.

He sighed and moved your hair out your face. "Did you really forget me?" He mumbles softly, sitting next to your bed.
******
You open your eyes slightly, immediately noticing a huge group of boys watching you sleep.

You scream and 2 nurses immediately rush in.

"Is something wrong?" One of the nurses ask, scanning the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry. These boys just startled me.." You sigh awkwardly.
You glare at the boys who are shoved in the corner of the room.

"You guys were watching me sleep?!" You shout as the nurses scurry out the room.

"N-No! We were just worried!" Kyungsoo laughs nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"Alright boys, get in a line." You grimily ordered and all of them shook.

You flicked their foreheads one by one, noticing Chen wasn't around.

"Where's Chen?" You asked, worryingly.

"He's out doing some stuff." Suho replied, still rubbing his forehead.

You sighed and glanced at Chanyeol, gazing at you as if he was trying to burn a hole in your head.

You thought he wanted a staring contest so you just stared at him intensely also. He blinked and got flustered.

"Chanyeol. Your weird." You spurted.

Chanyeol started to shove everyone out the room.

"Move!" Chanyeol ordered, pushing everyone out and locking them out. It was just you and Chanyeol in the room.

"Is something wrong?" You snorted, giving him a pervy look.

"YoungJi..I like you!" Chanyeol spurted.

You paused.

"Chanyeol..I think your making a mistake. You don't like me." You objected.

"No I'm no-!" You interrupted Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, I'm in love with Chen. I don't want you to be in a one sided love with me." You mumbled.

"Even though I've lost some of my memories, I just have a feeling I'm supposed to love Chen." You explained, feeling sympathetic for Chanyeol.

Chen walked in the room and you glanced at him. Chanyeol looked down, shamefully.

You chuckled at Chanyeol. "Don't be like that. I hate it when you are down."

Chanyeol tried to look up, smiling even though his face was full of tears.

Chen confusingly stood there.

"Chen, I'm in love with you and...I lied about losing memories. I-I just wanted to start over.." You mumbled.

Chen stood quiet, and you noticed him fisting his hands.

"You...You lied to me?! Do you know how hurt I felt when my own bestfriend forgot about me?! And now I'm finding out that she's lying? Wow, today must be the day that I find out your a lying bitch!" Chen shouted and stormed out the room.

You didn't expect that.

You really couldn't move.

The rest of the Exo members walked inside.

"What's up with him?" Baekhyun pointed out.

"I'm sorry guys...I'm a bit tired right now.." You weakly mumbled and laid back down, facing the wall.

You heard footsteps leaving and the door shut.
******
It's been a week since that day. You looked at the calendar, realizing it was your birthday. You had told the nurses to not let anyone visit you. Especially Chen. If he wanted to, probably not.

No one visited you.

You were disappointed, and continued to lay in bed. It was heartbreaking. Just thinking that if you didn't lie, things could be different.

*******

The Next Day

You stared at the window when someone entered the room. You quickly glanced over, thinking it was Chen, but it wasn't. In fact, it was someone you haven't seen before. "Nurs-" You paused when he pointed a gun at you. He pulled his hoodie down, and you realized it was Hyun Ja.

"H-Hyun Ja.." You stuttered and she walked up closer to you.

"You fucking bitch. You made Chen break up with me, just so he could go to you." Hyun Ja snapped and pulled the trigger.

*******

Chen was still frustrated, but he wanted to say sorry. When you said you loved him, he felt nice, but he had to just burst out yelling. He knew it was your birthday yesterday, but he didn't want to see you after what happened. He thought about it for a bit, and ran to the cake store. As your bestfriend, he knew everything you liked. He smiled at everything he bought for you. He was excited to see you. He was practically giggling on the way.

He reached the hospital and noticed Hyun Ja being arrested. He shrugged and walked into the hospital, requesting your name, with a wide smile.

The nurses paused, and looked at each other. They looked back at Chen and looked down, leading him to the room. Chen was a bit suspicious of what was happening, but he still had a smile. The nurses opened the door, still looking down, to where their bangs covered their eyes. Chen smiled, his eyes curling and he opened his eyes, noticing a sheet over your head.

He froze, and dropped the bundle of your favorite flowers, the cake, the little teddy bear inside a small box, and everything else.

The nurses left Chen to have his own moment with you.

Chen was scared to move the sheet, instead he just held your hand that stuck out.

Feeling no pulse, he was torn.

He squeezed your hand, like he used to do when you two would playfully arm wrestle.

He had no intention of resisting his tears.

He knew he'd chosen the wrong one.