s e v e n

Thanks Missy.' You say wiping away the tears, sipping the warm drink.

'So have you spoken much to Lucas?' You ask.

'Oh yeah we talk here and there, but we don't hangout much anymore. He's the only one who actually likes me besides you.' She explains.

'Well...since you're the only person I trust now, I guess I could tell you this. I kinda have a crush on Lucas,' You blush a deep red.

'No way! He has a huge crush on you! Every time we hang out, he's constantly talking about you! Never stops! You should totally ask him out!' Missy encourages.

'Really? Should I? It's pretty dark out right now. Plus, I don't know where he is...' you trail off.

'Nonsense! It's never too late to do things! Plus, he just came back from a hang out with Zay.' Missy smiles.

'Okay, I'll do it! Thanks, Missy. You're the best. I'm glad I still have you around,' You give her a big hug and head out to Lucas' place.

You knock quickly as you fix yourself. A minute later, he opens the door. His eyes widen as he sees you. 'Hey! What's up?'

'Nothing much. Do you wanna come out? I want to talk...' He nods as he shuts the door behind him.

'So what's up?' He ask and you lean over the rail, watching the sun go down and the cars pass by.

'Well...I was wondering...if you wanted to be my boyfriend.' you turn and face him. He freezes for a bit.

'D-did you just asked me out?' He asked, shockingly.

'Yeah. I guess I did.' You smiled in accomplishment.

'T-then I would love to. You're really a surprising girl. One of the things I like most about you.' He says. You smile at him. He wraps his arms around you and kisses your forehead.

Moments passed but was cut off by the sound of your phone beeping. 'Shit,' you cursed, realizing you had to be home to watch the kids.

'I'm so sorry, Lucas. I have to go.' He lets go of you and kisses your forehead one more time.

'That's okay. Have a safe drive! Text me when you get home, okay?'

'Promise.' You smiled as you get in your car and drove away.

As you left, Lucas pulled out his phone and dials Maya's number. 'Hey Maya? Guess what? She's finally mine! I've never been so happy!'