Ukulele

Scotts POV
Mitch's boyfriends are always with a boy who am play a instrument. So if I want to be his boyfriend I assume I have to get a instrument to play.

I've tried to play guitar but cannot figure out anything. So I thought, maybe cello would be better it seems easier. Kevin play the cello maybe he can just give me lessons, he's a nice guy like that.

So then I took 4 cello lessons before Kevin said that he was to stressed with school to be able to teach someone the cello. I completely understand that, and respect that, but I wish the hat he would because now I'm stuck figuring or another instrument.

I sat for a long time trying to decide a instrument. I started to think things like, 'does your voice count as a instrument? I mean I was in choir in high school.'

I decided against that and rented a tuba for a week and bought a app on my phone to learn. I was so confused that whole week....I could barely get a noise out of that thing. And when I did it sounded like a scream that you would hear in a scary movie of haunted house.

I thought of giving up, I didn't think I would be able to play a instrument and maybe win the boy of my dreams over.

If it wasn't for Kirstin's suggestion I wouldn't be here holding Mitch's hand.

Kirsten had given me a ukulele. She explained it as a mini guitar, that almost made me say no looking back on my experience with guitars.

But Kirstin got me this really cute spongebob ukulele and I really couldn't turn it down. She said it was the easiest to learn and you can impress basically anyone with it.

So I looked up how to play it and learned. It was actually really simple so I thank any god that is listening.

I was feeling very confident one day and started playing the uke and walked passed the gorgeous boy. He smiles and stops for a minute. I play and sing Elvis Presley's, can't help falling in love with you. He gets lost in the music and smiles after I'm done.

"Um Mitch would you like to go out on a date sometime this week?" I ask. Wow I shouldn't have done that so quickly but I don't regret it for a second right now.

"Sure."