Chapter 22

(Maggie's POV)

"Well..." I pause, thinking Max might think I'll say something stupid. "One thing is I don't want you to date me just because I asked you. I don't want you to do anything you don't want to."

"Maggie. I'm not that kind of person, you should know this."

"Alright.... I'm sorry, but I feel like I should ask questions, just to make sure...." 

"Make sure of what?" I look down and hug my knees to my chest and set my head on my knees, remembering. "Maggie?" I feel movement on my bed, but I don't look up and start crying. I feel the bed move more until he's hugging me, tightly. "Maggie. If you need me to get Adam-" I shake my head. "You sure because I know he helps with your-" I grab Max's arm as an indication to stop. He sets his head on top of mine.

"A-As long as y-you don't act like my j-jackass ex..."

He lifts his head. "Why would you-"

I lift my head slightly, to make sure he hears me. "M-Max." I clear my throat and wipe my eyes. "I know Jason was just a spoiled little bitch, no one else I've met is like him." I pause for a second and look at him. "You're not like anyone else." He smiles and wipes a tear, that starts to fall down my cheek, with his sleeve.

"And you're better than anyone I've ever met." I smile and can't help myself, so I kiss him. It takes him a second to realize what's going on, then he kisses back, smiling. A minute later, we're interrupted by a pounding on my door. "What are we gonna tell him?" He whispers.

I shrug and whisper back, "That we're dating?"

"Are we?"

"I don't know, are we?"Then I yell, trying to act like I'm still crying, "W-What Adam?" I smile at Max, hoping Adam believes it.

"Maggie, stop with the acting, you're terrible at it." Max and I laugh. "Open the fucking door, Margaret."

"Use my fucking full name again and see what happens!" I yell.

"I'm sorry." He says, calmer. "I really am." 

I go over to the door and sit against it. "I know you are, Adam." I pause for a second, hearing someone run upstairs. "I'm sorry as well." 

"What for?" Another voice comes from the other side of the door.

"John, you weren't there.. It's hard to explain." I mouth to Max, We need to tell them.

Why? He mouths back.

They need to fucking know. I mouth back and get up. I unlock the door and wait a few seconds to make sure Adam wasn't sitting against it, then open it. "It's open." He stares at me, my face must be red.

"You WERE crying." I nod, like it was obvious. He pulls me into a hug and John joins.

"Guys...?"

"Yes?" Adam and John say in unison.