Chapter 10

About the picture: I couldn't find a good one, so I just put this one up, because I can.

 "Adam, please." I say, crying. Not because my ribs were hurting like a bitch, but because Adam was about to beat Max. "ADAM!!!" I scream. He looks at me, face red and tears streaming down his face. "Adam! He's your fucking best friend. You really want to beat him up? You've told him everything, things you haven't told me, I bet. If you really want to hurt anyone, hurt me instead. I haven't told you a lot, so hurt me." He gets up, helps Max up, then walks off into his studio. I walk into mine and hide under my desk and start to sob. "Why the fuck did he do that? Max wouldn't hurt me on purpose, would he? He was just surprised." I look at my phone and pull up the recording. I start it, again, and say, "H-Hey guys. This isn't how I wanted you guys to see me, but I have no one else to talk to. I don't want to say what happened but please don't guess in the comments. The problem might get resolved, but-" I see John looking through the window. "I-I'll be right back." I turn off the recording and motion John in. 

"You okay, Maggie? I heard you screaming and doors slamming."

"First of all, where's your accent?"

"I've had it the whole time. Don't you remember? Anyway, can you answer the question?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry it's just been so long since we saw each other, and I've gotten used to your broken English. And I'll tell you as long as you don't tell anyone." He nods and I continue. "Well, first of all, I like Max, starting last year. Adam asked me if I did, this morning, and I couldn't answer, so I just look at the floor, kind of embarrassed. Then, Adam and I fought and made up...." John crawls under the desk and puts his arm around me(You guys have been friends since a year after Adam and him met in high school, so you guys are as close as a millimeter less then you and Adam.[Sorry if that made no sense.]). I continue, looking at the door, "Then we came to the office, I surprised everyone, and jumped on Max's back. He threw me off, not knowing it was me, and Adam tackled him and started throwing punches. He can't contain himself when someone hurts another family member, whether it's emotionally or physically."

He hugs me and says, "I'm sorry, Maggie. I know that Adam means the world to you and you wouldn't stand loosing him," I start to cry harder and I put my head in my hands as he continues, "but siblings have fights, I would know. Brothers get protective of their sisters and they don't want them to get hurt. Try to go talk to him." I look at John and hug him, then look at Max through the window. John scooches out, then helps me out from under the desk.

I run out to the bathroom and clean off the makeup. I breathe and count to ten, hoping it would help, but it doesn't. I walk out, trying to act strong, and head to the yellow couch and grab my shoes. The whole time, I sense everyone watching me as I walk.  I carry them to Adam's studio and knock on the window. He and Michael, who was crouching next to Adam, look up at me and Adam puts his hands back onto his arms. "I understand you don't want to talk, so can I, please?"He shakes his head, but I sit on the floor, behind the glass, and talk, anyway. "Look, Adam, I know you are pissed off, I am too, but not for the same reason. Yes-" I stop. I can't say what I'm thinking with everyone watching. "Adam, please. I don't want to barge in, but I will if you won't let me in." Adam must of whispered something to Michael, because Michael stood up and opened the door, leaving. "Thank you." I close the door and sit on the floor in front of him."Yes, you did attack the person I like, but that's not why I'm mad at you. You hurt one of your closest friends who hurt me on ACCIDENT, but also you haven't been acting like yourself, lately."

"M-Mag. I'm sorry. I hurt you, while I was trying to prevent anyone from hurting you." He lifted his head. "I know you like him, but he's a close friend."

"One other thing... I told John about what happened this morning."

"Maggie, that doesn't matter. What matters is that we stick together.... Even if you do date a close friend..." I hug him and he whispers, "Just don't talk to him, today. There's been too much drama."

"Alright. Wasn't planning to, anyway." I get up and help him up, then walking out. Everyone started asking what was wrong, what happened, those sort of questions, but Max just looked at us and walked to his station. I looked at Adam and he pushed me forward, slightly, to let me know it was okay. I leave Adam's side and walk towards Max, messing with my bracelet. "Max?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Well, are you?" He turns around to face me.

"Max, I'm fine. Adam beat you up pretty badly." I say, walking up to him and touching the bruise on his face. I pull out my phone and text Adam.

A- Adam    M-Maggie

M- Can Max come over to your house? I feel we should all make up.