Chapter 8

(Adam's POV)

 "Hey there, princess."  The man on the floor said.

"Jason, what is it with you?!" Maggie screams. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I look at Max and he is digging his nails into Jason's arm. All I could think was kicking that guy, Jason's, ass. 

"Who is this, Maggie?"

"This? This is Jason, my ex." I clench my fists and dig my nails into my index fingers. "He used to beat me, until I broke up with him." I bite my tongue, trying not to say anything. "He was the one who stabbed me. He's wearing the same exact creepy hood thing." I look at Max and see that he recognizes the jacket, too. He looks at me and nods, almost knowing what I'm thinking. I can't take this any longer. I go up to Jason and kneel on him, pinning him to the ground. I start punching Jason's face and he just smiles. 

"That the best you got, Adam?" Jason asked, laughing. I look down and feel someone calmly drag me off, so I get up. Looking at everyone around the room, other than Max, who was behind me(the one who pulled me off), and a tear rolls down my cheek. Max jumps on Jason and starts punching him, harder than I did. Jason gets a bleeding nose, that could possibly be broken, and a messed up looking jaw. We hear sirens and Max jumps off Jason. Alesa runs downstairs and let the officers in. They come running upstairs and take Jason away, no questions asked. I guess he's been in jail multiple times.

I sit on the bed, crying. "I-I really m-messed up."

"What do you mean, Adam?" Maggie asked, sitting next to me.

"I-I didn't stay in t-touch with you m-more often. If I f-found out m-much s-sooner, when you g-guys were still t-together-"

"Adam, don't, please. It my fault, way more than yours. I didn't try to call you or text you about all of this." Everyone walks up to the bed and hugs Adam and I. After a minute or two, I politely push everyone off so I can finish uploading my video. Max, John, and Michael suggest that they stay over to make sure we're all safe. Alesa, Adam and I all slightly nod our heads. 

-A few hours go by. You guys watch a movie-

I look around and see everyone fell asleep, Ross curled up on the floor, John and Michael on two different chairs, Adam, Alesa, and Mason on a love seat, and Max next to me with his arm on the couch back behind me. I curl up next to Max, hoping Adam won't wake up and find me next to Max. I fall asleep with one hand and my head on Max's chest.