Chapter 1

I wake up when I see someone looking out the window across from me. "He-Hello?"

"Oh, hey, Maggie. You alright?" The silhouette asks. It sounds so familiar. I just sit in silence, until the man turns around and says, "You don't recognize me, do you?" I shake my head, slightly, squinting because of the sunlight. He walks around the bed and I recognize the face, instantly.

"Adam! Where am I?"

"The hospital. Do you know what happened?" He asks, hugging me.

Flashback

I was running from a strange looking, hooded man. He came running at me with a knife when I was taking a hike to get away from the world. I keep running until I come to a ravine. I can make it, I think, looking down at the water. He comes up to me and stabs my left thigh as I jump into the water. All of a sudden, I see a red-headed man pulling me out of the water. (You don't remember what happens after that, other than hearing sirens.)

Back to present time

"Maggie? Do you know what happened?" You tell your brother everything you can remember. "Oh, wow, Maggie. I'm so sorry."

"Adam, it's okay."

"I'm just happy, and kind of surprised you're still alive."

"Hey." I punch Adam lightly on the shoulder. "You know I'm strong."

"Yes, I know, but depending on how deep that ravine was, you still could've died." I see a tear rolling down his cheek. "I'm happy you're still here. I wouldn't know what to do without you." He starts to sob. I sit up and he sits down next to my feet. I hug him tightly, as I start to feel a pain in my ribs.

"Ow."

"You okay, Mag?"(You only let Adam call you that)

"I guess.."

"You know she's not okay..." An unfamiliar voice says from the doorway.