Chapter 2

(Your {Maggie} POV)

"You know she's not okay..." An unfamiliar voice says from the doorway. 

Oh my fucking God, that can't be him. You think. 

"Oh, hey, Max." Adam says.

You whisper to Adam, "That's him."

"I kinda figured that, Mag." He whispers/laughs.

"What are you laughin' at, Adam?" Max asks, confused.

"Oh, uh, nothing." Adam says as he looks at you giving him the stink eye. I feel bad knowing he knows I, or at least will try, to hurt him if he says a secret I told him.

"Max, was it? Can you leave Adam and I alone for a few, please?"

"Sure." He closes the door.

"Adam."

"Mag?"

"I'm sorry for what happened when we were younger. I don't mean to terrify you."

"Margaret, you don't scare me, or at least anymore. Plus, that was the past."

"Okay... Um.. Adam?"

"Yes?"

"Does that guy work at the offices?"

"Why do you ask?"

"He looks and sounds a little familiar, from before the fall. I'm just trying to figure out who he is."

"Yes, he does work at the offices. He's been in a lot of videos recently."

Okay, at least I know who he is, now..

"So, are you sure Max was the one who saved you?"

"I believe so. I saw his shade of red hair, and the hooded guy wouldn't save me."

"Alright."

(Adam's POV)

 I can't believe she doesn't remember Max. There was a moment of silence, until I called Max in. "Max, did you call help for Margaret?" I hold her hand.

"Yes, Adam. I was taking a walk when I saw her jump into the ravine. I found a slope and slid down to pick her up out of the water, then called for help."

"We'll be right back, Mag." I tell her, dragging Max out of the room.

"What, Adam?" Max kinda shouted. 

"Max, did you see anyone behind Maggie? She said someone was chasing her."

"As a matter of fact, I did. But I have no idea who it was or could be."

"Alright, I have to go make sure she's okay. See ya later?"

"Yeah. Once she gets out of the hospital, we should all hang out. Let's hope she'll remember who I am, then."

"Yeah, good idea. See ya." I give him a short hug as a tear runs down my cheek. "I don't want to loose her."

"I know, bud. Can you text me updates on Maggie, please?"

"Sure...?" Silence. "Sorry this is so forward, but do you like her?"

"N-No. Adam, we've been friends for a while, I would've told you if I liked your sister."

"Alright, just checking... Bye."

"See ya later."

(Your{Maggie} POV) 

Adam walks back in looking at the floor and confused, thinking. I stay quiet because I don't want to scare him while he thinks, although he doesn't get as scared easily as someone I know.