Chapter 9

-The Eighteenth-

(Yesterday you just stayed in your room and watched YouTube/Netflix, when you weren't helping Alesa with Mason and cleaning.)

I wake up to my alarm going off. I jump right out of bed and head to the bathroom. I shower, brush my hair and do what little makeup I wear. Then I put on my clothes(The outfit below).

It's pretty girly, in my opinion, but it's my first day at the office

It's pretty girly, in my opinion, but it's my first day at the office. I look at myself in the mirror and put my Vietnam bracelet on. I walk out and grab my phone from my room, then head downstairs. I see Adam making breakfast, so I try to be as quiet as I can while sneaking up on him with my phone recording. "Hey, Mag."

"Damn heels. Anyway, what's up?"

"Just making breakfast. You excited to-"

"Recording, Adam."

"Oh, shoot."

"Adam, you can swear on my channel. I do all the time. So, what you making?"

"Nothing for you." He smirks and I nudge him with my shoulder. "Can you turn it off for a minute, please, Maggie?"

"Sure." I turn my phone off. "What's up?"

"This is a serious talk and I need you to be honest with me."

"Okay...?"

He sighs, then says, "Do you like Max?" I couldn't say anything, so I just looked at the floor. "I knew it.. Maggie, he's our best friend." I sit on the stool at the counter.

"Adam, you think I haven't thought of that, before?" 

"I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"What about Max? He's your best friend."

"Yeah, but if he ever hurts-"

"Adam, I know you care for me, your little sister, but we all care for each other way too much to ever hurt each other on purpose." He hands me a plate of food and sits next to me. We eat in silence until it's time to go. "Let's head out." I say, grabbing the dishes and rinsing them. We walk out to the car and he stops. He turns to me, who was right next to him, and hugs me. 

"I'm sorry, Maggie."

"No need to be. Is it okay if I vlog right now?"

"Yeah, of course." 

I pull out my phone and get in the car as I press record. "'And we're back.' We're on our way to the surprise I told you guys about on Saturday." I point the camera to Adam and ask, "Anything you want to say to das people?"(das is "the" in German.)

"Yeah, I guess. You guys have helped my sister through so much. She's made videos for you guys because of personal matters, but also because she wants to do what makes her happy. I've seen her make videos and she loves to make others happy, whether it's making weird videos that no one understands, but makes them laugh, or putting herself down to make you guys feel better about yourselves." I look at Adam, confused, and he says, "Yeah, I've seen that video, Mag."

I turn my phone back on me and say, "I'll be back when we get there." Then, I stop the recording. "Adam, is everyone going to be early?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I just want to go to everyone and vlog them."

"Okay? Anyway, we're here." He parks the car and I get out. Adam leads me into the first door and I take my phone out to record. I point it upstairs and see John.

"Hey, Barney!"

"Heys guys.  What ares you doings, Maggie?"

"Vloggin'." I turn my phone on me. "This is the surprise, if you guys haven't seen this guy's vlogs," I point the camera on him for a few seconds, then back on me, "Then you have no idea what this place is. Let's take a tour, Adam." He nods and leads me upstairs, through the door to his part of the building.

"Hey, Em." Adam says. She smiles and waves to me. We walk up to the area with the yellow couch and I jump onto it, laying down.

"Ten out of ten. Would lay here, again." I get up and take off my heels so I can scare everyone. Adam leads me to Ross's studio and I open the door as quietly as I can. He's in the middle of a recording of Sky Wars, battling with an opponent, so he doesn't have time to look. I sneak up right behind him, my phone recording, and I put him in a weak choke hold.

He screams, then realizes it's me. "Hey, Maggie." 

"Hey, what are ya, playing?"

"A game." He laughs, then I walk out. I sneak up to everyone else, as Adam shows me where everyone works, other than Max. 

"Where's Max?"

"I have no idea." He points to around the corner. I hand Adam the camera.

"Please film this." I say, giving him the puppy eyes.

"Fine." I run around the corner, with Adam being my camera man, following me. Max is on his phone, walking towards the kitchen, and I jump on his back, scaring the shit out of him. Adam and I both laugh and Max throws me off. I hit the floor and Max looks like he just realized what he did. Adam turns my phone off and helps me up, handing it to me. Then he runs and chases Max. 

"Adam! No! I'm sure it was an accident!" I say, running as fast as I could, ribs hurting. Adam tackles Max and pins him to the ground. "Adam, please."