Chapter 19

Once the police come, I text Max and John, Adam and my two closest friends.

Y-You    J-John    M-Max

Y: I killed someone...

J: Who?!

Y: Jason..

M: I wish I could've kicked his ass harder when he attacked the first time.

J: What happened, today, Maggie?

Y: Adam and I went to my apartment to talk. He was in my room. I locked the door so Adam couldn't kill him first. The police are here, now.

M: I'm coming over.

J: So am I. Where's your apartment?

Y: It won't be mine for much longer.

I send them the address and close the chat.

"Who were you texting?" A female police officer said from behind Adam and I. 

"Our two closest friends. They're coming over now.."

"Alright, hon. As long as there's only the two coming." I nod and text them to make sure they're the only ones that come.

                                                               -Time skip to when they get there-

I hear a knock on the door and I spring up and run to it. An officer stopped me from getting to the door and he opened it, instead. "Who are you?"

"They're my two closest friends, officer." I say, annoyed.

"Alright, come on in." 

They walk in a few steps and I hug them, tightly. "I'm so glad you two are here." I let go and turn to Adam who was looking at them, terrified. "Adam?"

He shakes his head, like he was coming out of a trance, and looks at me. "Yeah?"

"You alright?" He shakes his head. John walks over and sits next to him. I start to walk over, but Max grabs my hand. I squeeze his hand and let go, walk over to Adam. "Adam, what's wrong?"

He breaks down, crying. "I shouldn't have brought you here. He could've killed you."

"Adam, I survived the jump." I look over to Max and see a tear roll off his cheek, then I look at John. He's staying together, but he looks like he's ready to cry. "I wouldn't have locked the door if I didn't feel like I could take him on."

"I know, but still. He-"

"Adam." I rub my scarred arm. "I survived this long. If anything, I would've died saving my family," I look at Max, John, then back at Adam. "and friends. You guys-"

"Ma'am?" A police officer said.

"Yes?" I look up at him.

"Is this yours?" He holds up my journal.

"Yes.."

"Okay, we'll have to take it in as evidence."

"No! You can't. I can tell you things in it, but you can't take it."

"I'm sorry, hon." The female officer said. "We have to." I hit the couch, got up, and ran outside, crying. I get in my car and drive.

(Max's POV)

"Where's she going?" John asks.

"I wouldn't have a clue. She ran away a lot, to different places, when things got tough.."

"I think I know. Let's go." We head out the door and down to my(Ross's car). I drive until we get to where she might be.

"A park?" Adam asks.

"Trust me." We walk to the cherry blossom and, sure enough, Maggie was laying there on the bench.

"How-" I cut John off.

"Don't worry about it."

(Maggie's POV)

I lay on the bench, crying, until I hear footsteps.