Chapter 15

Don't play song until it says (above)!!!!!

(Your(Maggie's)POV)

When we got to the restaurant, and got out of the car, Michael asked Max, "What is up with you smiling?" I look at him and he seriously has a smile on his face.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just happy."

"Or something happened in the car that made you this happy." Ross said, trying to suggest something.

Max didn't say anything, so I stepped in. "Maybe you think something did, but nothing happened." I giggle. I look at Max and I see his smile drop a little, but not trying to show it. Everyone walks towards the building, Michael and Ross in the front, Adam behind them, and Max and I at the back. "I need to talk to you, later." I whisper to Max, messing with my bracelet. He nods.

-After you guys eat, leave the restaurant, finish videos, and all that stuff, it's finally time to leave-

"My place!" Adam yells. We all pile into cars, leaving Emily(who knows you like Max), Max, and I in Adam's car, Max and I in the back, Emily and Adam in front. Then, another one of my favorite songs come on the radio(above). Max sings along, word for word. I smile.

(Max's POV)

I sing along, word for word, considering this was like me a year ago. In the middle of the song, I grab Maggie's hand and hold it, fingers intertwined with each other's. I look at her smiling at me. I lean over and kiss her hand, that's still in mine. Luckily, neither Adam or Em saw, or they'd freak out. 

-Time skip to house-

(Your POV)

We finally get home and all I want to do is sleep, but when Adam and I step in, there's balloons everywhere. Shit. "Max, stay out here for a minute."

"Why?"

"Just.. please?" He nods and I run inside. "Alesa, we have a problem."

"What is it?" She asks, concerned. 

"Well, I love the balloons and everything, but Max is here...."

"Oh, shit. Adam, Em, help Maggie and I get rid of the balloons." With no questions asked, we gather all the balloons and let them go out the back door, then I go get Max. 

"Maggie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are there balloons floating from the back of the house?" 

"No reason." I say, more like a question, smiling. 

He laughs a little, then says,"C'mon, let's go inside before everyone else comes."

"Max, we need to talk, please." He nods. I go inside, over to Adam, with Max following, and whisper, "We're going to go talk. Please just lie and say we went to the store." He nods. "Max and I are going to the store. You guys need anything?" I ask Alesa, who was in the kitchen.

"If it's no trouble, can you pick these things up, please?" She hands me a list.

Fuck. "Sure."

"Thank you." Max and I nod. 

"Adam?"

"Yeah?"

"Keys, please?"

"You have your car."

"Oh, right.. I forgot." I run up to my room. 

"Where you going, Mag?" Max asks.

"Getting my keys." I pause at the top and turn around. "Don't call me 'Mag', Max."

"Why can't I but Adam can?"

"He's my brother first of all. Second..."

"What is it?" Max asks. I look at Adam and he's giving me a concerned look.

"Just.. Don't worry about it." I close my door and grab my journal from my suit case. I sit on the bed and  flip through the pages until I get to January 26, 2011. It read:

So, it's been exactly a year since MAG, the game, came out... Long story short, dad's dead. 

Then I flipped to February 3rd of that same year. This read:

Since dad's..... accident, Adam's been calling me Mag. I don't mind, since dad did teach Adam to play it, which Adam's capable of teaching himself, but whatever. Now, Adam's trying to get me into video games. Ugh, boys. 😒

I laugh, which causes someone to knock on the door. Before they come in, I quickly slide the journal under the pillow. "H-Hey Max."

"Hi? You ready to go?"

"No... I can't find my damn keys." I say, trying to act annoyed.

"Maybe because they're right here?" He points at the dresser.

"Oh, heh."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, let's just go."