Chapter 18

Nash's p.o.v

It's been a whole 3 months since we've seen Madi. Everyone's a mess but definitely not as much as Matt and Hayes. Matt won't eat anything. Carter thinks its all his fault for making her run off like that. Hayes thinks that if he hadn't cheated on her then she never would have gone on that date with Matt and come to the hotel and run off. Shawn hasn't sang anything since Madi left. Taylor hasn't been all gross and weird since Madi left which is kind of a good thing but is also means that he isn't himself. No one has been themselves.

This is terrible. We don't even know if she's still alive. The police called off the search last month and stopped looking.

The Jacks and Aaron went home after the search ended and quit Magcon, well we all quit. Everyone else bought a house in California which is where we are now. So we all live together, besides the Jacks and Aaron.

"Hey Matt why don't you come eat dinner" I said walking into his room noticing he was under the blankets as always.

I'm the most put together one around here, I mean I'm still super upset about Madi don't get me wrong but I have to make sure people do the littlest things around here or else they won't. Like eating and showering they don't do unless I tell them which is ridiculous.

"Not hungry" he said which was his usual excuse.

"Matt you haven't eaten a single crumb for 3 days. You need to eat or you'll die" I told him demandingly.

"Maybe I should just die" he said which took me by surprise. Matt's been a mess but hasn't EVER said anything like that.

"Matt don't say that. I'm not telling you to get over Madi but you need to at least take care of yourself. If we do find Madi you'd want to be alive wouldn't you?

"Yeah but we will never find her. I give up" he said and started crying.

"Matt, dude, come on don't think like that" I told him.

"I can't help it" he replied.

"Just come eat. I made spaghetti"

"Alright alright" he said getting up.

We walked downstairs and I saw everyone gathered around the table waiting for me and Matt.

"Alright let's eat!" I announced.

Silence filled the room as usual until I said "hey Matt?"

He stopped eating and looked at me and said "yeah?"

"I don't mean to sound rude when I say this and please don't get defensive or mad at me" I said.

"Uh okay. What is it?" he said.

"Well you and Madi have only gone on one date and I know you were about to ask her to be your girlfriend but why do you care so much about her? Like when you thought she was on a date with Taylor you got really mad. And y'all we're acting like a couple even before the first date" I said.

He sat there for a minute and was thinking then he said "honestly I'm not sure. I think I just felt like we were already a couple and we were best friends so I cared a lot about her. I mean we were all best friends with her but me and her were super close. Closer than anyone thinks"

"I see. I didn't mean to sound rude by asking you that" I told him.

"No no it's fine" he said.

I kept eating and no one really talked. I was looking around the table and looked at Hayes. His eyes had tears in them.

"Woah homeboy what's wrong?" I asked Hayes.

I call him homeboy, hasssss, or poo bear a lot and sometimes he calls me trash nash but its whatever.

(IF ANYONE WATCHED THE NASH AND HAYES SIBLING TAG VIDEO ON YOUTUBE, WHICH I'LL LINK ABOVE, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THATS WHAT THEY CALL EACH OTHER HAHA)

"I just really miss Madi. I really messed up with her and now she isn't mine" he said sadly.

I looked at Matt and he had a little guilt in his eyes. He must feel like he's taking Madi away from Hayes.

"I know. But you should be happy for Matt and Madi. If Madi cheated on you wouldn't she want you to be happy and move on? I asked Hayes.

"Yeah that's true. By the way, Matt? Hayes said.

"Yeah Hayes?" Matt replied.

"I'm happy for you. Your real lucky to have Madi when she comes back. I hope y'all last" Hayes told Matt which made him smile.

I haven't seen Matt smile for at least a month. The last time he smiled was when he was looking at a picture of him and Madi.

"Thanks Hayes. That means a lot" Matt told Hayes.

"Wow Hayes that was really mature of you" I told him.

Hayes half smiled and finished eating. After we all finished eating Shawn volunteered to do the dishes.

"Thanks Shawn" I told him.

"Its no problem, you've been doing everything for us around here. Your like an older brother to all of us" he said.

"Thanks Shawn I've tried my best. I'm older than all of y'all so I should be mature enough to take care of y'all a little"

He smiled and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYYYY GUYSSSSS SORRY THIS IS REALLY SHORT AND I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A COUPLE DAYS OOPS. BUT I NOTICED THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE ADDED MY BOOK TO THEIR LIBRARY SO THATS AWESOME!!! THANKS FOR 160 READS!!!! THE BOOK IS STILL SUPER INTERESTING SO STAY TUNED TO SEE WHAT ELSE HAPPENS, THANKS!! BTW WHO'S BEEN WATCHING THE OLYMPICS??? I HAVE!!! ESPECIALLY THE VOLLEYBALL!! ALSO THE VIDEO ABOVE IS NASH AND HAYES GRIER SIBLING TAG JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

BYEEEEEE