"I Would Do Anything to End Your Suffering" (Sarah)

Hey! Welcome back! This is a VERY big chapter for Sarah, Nelson and Toby, so please read, comment and vote for me to upload Sarah's fate! :)

By the way, Sarah's account is up and running, though I still have to upload some of her diary entries about Toby! (Ooh la la!) Anyway, I will notify you via message when that is ready. Otherwise... enjoy, my faithful readers!! :)

"I would do anything to end your suffering, but you would rather walk away."

- Maroon 5, "Not Coming Home"

"Can I have a word?" His eyebrow arched.

"Can it wait, Sarah? I've got a lot of paperwork to do." I inhaled deeply.

"It's happened."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant."

His face turned a nasty shade of white.

"Well, what a coincidence."

"Nel..."

People were beginning to stare. Noticing, Nelson put his paperwork aside and took my elbow. "Ow!" I gasped, "Let go! You're hurting me!"

He steered me into the caretaker's cupboard and pushed me against the wall.

"Do you really expect me to believe that it's mine after everything, Sarah?"

"Babies don't make themselves, Nelson."

He paused, his eyes blazed.

"Exactly."

"You think I...?!" I trailed off. "You think I cheated on you?!" He snorted.

"Come on, Sarah. Our love life hasn't exactly been active these past few months, has it?"

"No. Not since you stormed out."

"You need to take a look in the mirror, Sarah. I'm infertile. Remember?"

He shot me a look of pure venom before exiting the cupboard, slamming the door. I felt plaster dust rain on my head. I pushed the door open.

"Nelson!" But he was gone. Standing there instead, was Toby White. "Toby... I..." I faltered, butterflies twisting my stomach into knots. I had suddenly realized. That evening after school in the supplies cupboard...

I felt the impulse to throw up. Not from morning sickness, but from the fact that I was pregnant with my sixteen year old student's baby. "Get out the way." I ran past him. I had to get out.

"Miss, wait!" Toby was sprinting after me.

"Go away!" I sobbed. "You've done enough!" I clattered down the staircase.

"I love you!" He shouted, and I slipped.

For a moment, everything was slow. That sickening feeling you get when you realize that there's no ground under your feet. I heard Toby's anguished roar, and felt the bannister collide with my head. Then, everything sped up again. I fell over and over, spinning like a top. My face smacking the steps. I felt my head crack again and again on the steps and my fingers grip thin air.

Then, there was blackness. Just like always.