Chapter 12

"Korinna Fisher and Olivia Reynolds, please report to my office!" Mrs. Claire cheerfully called over the intercom system. We both groaned, but got up anyways and complied to her wishes.
  "I've got some wonderful news for the both of you!" Mrs. Claire started, "Some people would like to adopt you guys!"
  Olivia and I turned and looked at each other and squealed, until I realized one large fact. Livey and I would be separated. "UHMMM.... Sorry, but the families will not be able to take us, with all due respect, it's just that we don't want to be split up," my voice was soft, almost a whisper as I tried to act polite and stern at the same time. I walked over to Livey, who looked ready to cry at any moment, and gave her a hug.
  "Oh, girls, you haven't even found out who the families are!" She exclaimed. "Come on in guys!"
  I refused to look up. My eyes were glued to the floor, not daring to glance at the people. My best friend and I are not going to be split up anytime soon.
  "Jeez, why the sad faces?" A familiar voice asked confused.
  "Phil?" I screamed and finally saw who stood at the door. Fall Out Boy stood with Phil by their side.
  "So, Olivia, this will be your new father," Mrs. Claire motioned toward Phil. Livey let go of me and clung onto Phil instead. She even let a few tears escape their holding cell, making her makeup run a little. "Mr. Hurley offered to be your father," I hugged Andy and the rest of the guys.
  "Thank you guys so much," my eyes began tearing up, but none of the liquid fell.
   Mrs. Claire demanded for us to pack our things. Once Livey and I stepped foot out of my tears flew, "Dude!"
  Olivia and I grabbed each other and wrapped our arms tightly around each other. After a few moments, we let go and almost screamed the entire way until we parted. I went to my room while Livey went to hers.
  "Why are you packing? Is this  place sending you you some more... fitting, like jail?" Sasha asked as she walked in our soon to be no more shared room. I'm so happy to be getting out of here.
  "Actually, you are right, they are sending me away alright, just not the reasons you're thinking of," I made a creepy smile.
  Sasha looked horrified as she ran out of the door she just came through. The look on her face was priceless. She had huge doe eyes and her mouth must have been a perfect circle.
  A small laugh came out as I continued packing. Before I left my room, I made sure to double check that I had grabbed my mother's memory box.

  "Where exactly do you guys live?" my question seemed stupid, but I never found that out during my stalking sessions.
  "About thirty minutes away," Phil answered since he was driving. He was also the only one paying attention. Everyone else was either playing on their phone or taking with someone else.

  "I hate cars!" My yell as I jumped out of Phil's car when he brought it to a stop. Andy grabbed my suitcases, even after my protests. I could help carry my own stuff. He ignored me though and walked to the house.
  The house, more like a mansion, left Livey and I gawking. It was beautiful: white Victorian style house with a perfectly groomed lawn and gardens. They even had those huge hedge statues in the form of music notes. A few huge oaks, that must've  been a few hundred years old, were scattered around the property. Everything was magnificent.
  Once we finished eyeing the front of the house, we noticed how far ahead the guys were. We had to run to catch up since they were already almost into the huge doors.
  "Took you guys long enough," Pete chuckled once we caught up to them.
  We followed the guys into the house and they lead us though the house, pointing out the different rooms. They informed us that we would get a full tour after we unpacked.
  The guys led us up a grand staircase, which I was terrified of slipping on. The wood looked so polished and shinny, my feet should've slipped from under me. As it turns out, the wood wasn't as slippery as it looks, but I still hung onto the railing for dear life.
  When we got up all of they wonderfully crafted stairs, we got to a hall way with doors lining both sides. They were all rooms. As we would walk in front of each guy's room, they would point it out.
  The guys stopped and turned to us. Patrick motioned to a door, "Kor, this is your room."
And then he motioned to the room across from mine, "Liv that's your room."
  Andy carried my bag into my room and left me to unpack. It only took a few minutes due to my low supply. I made sure to hide my mom's box at the very back of my closet with some clothes thrown on top of it.
  After I had everything organized, I jumped on my bed and laid on my back. I took my time to admire my room. It was huge, probably three times the size of the one at the adoption center. The walls were a light grey and the floor was a dark wood paneling. There was a large  window which could be opened to the roof, which I would most likely go on one day, and a bench was set in front of it.
  I got off of my bed and walked to Livey's room. Without knocking, I walked into her room. "Do you need any help unpacking?" She shushed me and I smirked as I saw her talking to Tom. "Hey, Tom!"
  "Hey, Kor!"
   "How you treating my girl?"
   "Leave!" Livey tried pushing me, but she was too weak. It only made me laugh. "You better treat her right or you will never be able to have kids!" I promised and finally walked to the open door. I paused before crossing through, "Bye, lovebirds!" Livey screamed at me as I retreated to my room laughing.
   After I knew it was safe to leave my room without facing Liv's wrath, I stealthily ran down the hall. My feet slowed at the steps and I clutched to the railing. My stomach was growling, so I was going to attempt finding the kitchen.
  After a few wrong turns, I met Pete in the kitchen. He had a whole pizza at the table. "Wow, didn't even share with your favorite person!" My hands are held on my chest in mock hurt.
  "Opps," he grabbed a paper plate and placed two slices on it.
  When he findings placing  the slices, I thought he was going to grab another plate. He didn't, though. Instead, he grabbed the whole box and left me with the two pieces. Pete's going to eat almost a whole pizza, oh my goodness.
*I'm so sorry I haven't had time to post an update. I'll try to post the next one tomorrow!*