Chapter 10

"Tonight, we are going to have some fun!" Olivia slammed open my door and came to the side of my bed. She constantly checked her phone. "There's this really awesome restaurant not far from here. It has  live bands that go and play basically every night. Today, it's a band named Dusty Roses. I watched a few of their videos online, and the singer and drummer is hot!" her face looked as though she was hiding something, but I wasn't in the mood to ask.
  "How did you know the band was playing?" I groaned and shoved my head back into my pillow.
  She jerked my blanket off, "It's three o'clock! Wake up! Be ready by five." With that, she darted out of my room.
  "UGHHH!" My yell was muffled by my fluffy pillow. I did not want to go.

  "Korinna!" Livey's dress was cocktail style and her hair was curled. The dress was solid black, but had a few sparkles scattered on the bottom. A few layers of tulle peeked out from under the skirt. "Why are you not dressed? Put on something cute! Oh, and I need you to do my makeup."  I followed her demand about putting on clothes.
  I threw on a long sleeve white top with a black grilled skirt. The shirt had flowers patterns woven into the material and the skirt flowed by my thighs, which were covered in fishnet stockings. My black converse covered my feet, agitatedly rubbing against the stockings. It was very annoying, but I like my shoes and didn't feel like taking off the stockings.
  "Oh my Jinxx! You look so good!" As Squealed, she walked around me a few times and then sat at the vanity desk in the corner of the room. It had a stack of makeup, most of which we wouldn't use.
  I blushed a little at the compliment, then met her at the desk. "So what do you want your makeup to look like?"
  Her head tilted I thought and then she smirked, "Something... Hot." We giggled and then I got to work.

  "Dang! I am hot!" Livey smirked at the mirror as she examined the makeup.
  Dark eyeshadow was placed in a way to make a smokey eye accented with different sizes of glitter. A thick line of eyeliner that ended with a large wing layer above her lashes. I put multiple coats of mascara on the eyelashes, top and bottom, to smoke them look longer and thicker.
  "Thank you so much!" She gave  me a hug then sat on my bed playing on her phone so I could do my makeup.

  I silently screamed at my appearance. Even with makeup, I wasn't pretty. It was one of those things that irked me.
  "You look beautiful!" Olivia commented as I turned around and cleared my throat. I was ready to go.
  My hair was tightly secured in a side french Dutch braid that allowed my bangs to hang just above my eyes. The eyeshadow I put on my self was light, but I applied black  thick liner.
  Olivia pulled me to the door and we arrive dat the front desk. "Don't be late!" Mrs. Claire warned as we checked out.

  "Dang," I whispered flabbergasted as we entered the building.
  The interior was vintage steampunk. Not a thing out of place, even the employees dressed the part.
  "This is amazing!" I almost screamed to Livey, but remind myself that we were in a restaurant.
  "I knew you love it," she was smirking. "Come on." We sat at a table close to the stage.
  A waiter came to our table only seconds after we sat. His brown hair had a pair of metal goggles laid on top with a few gears hooked at random places on his outfit. The outside of his eyes were covered with guy-liner.  "Hello, I'm Robbie, and I'll be your waiter for today. What would you ladies like?"
  Olivia answered first, "Lemonade."
  "Water."
  He nodded and wrote it down on a small notepad, "I'll be back soon to see what you want to order."
  He came back with our drinks and Livey and I ordered a pizza to share, because pizza is both of our favorite foods.

  "What time does the band play?" I questioned Olivia as we dug into our food. "This pizza is amazing!" I squeezed my eyes shut as I savored the flavor.
  She looked at her watch, "In a few minutes."

  We had just finished the pizza when Robbie ran onstage. "How is everybody doing tonight?" A few people cheered and he continued, "Thanks for stopping by. Tonight, we have a local band entertaining you for the night. Let's give a long round of applause for Dusty Roses!" The man jumped off of the stage and went back to serving.
  "I'm Jack!" A blonde head with a bass yelled in to the mic as he walked on stage.  "I'm Thomas," I gasped and hit Olivia's shoulder. She giggled as she bent away form my hot and watched Thomas from the  mall introduce himself. He sat behind a drum set with a dried up rose emblem on the front. He noticed Livey staring and winked at her. Her cheeks were basically tomatoes.
  "I'm Zack," a guy who looked almost exactly like Jack, except with bright green hair, said. I'm guessing they are brothers. His hair matched his lime green guitar. 
  I took in a sharp breath when the final dude introduced himself. "And I'm Braxton." His black hair was a little longer and his bangs sat pushed to the side. His bangs had a few red streaks.
He stood at the microphone. He was very tall. The microphone looked to be extended to the max. An old mcr shirt hung from the shoulders, covering the waist of black jeans. His eyes were breathtaking, they were ice blue.
Livey caught my aare and gave me a grin, "Told you the singer was cute."
I smacked her arm and folder her, "Shut up! I'm trying to listen to the band. You didn't tell me your boyfriend was the drummer.
She shrugged, "Found out a few days ago, then I looked them up to if they were good."
I smiled as I heard the beginning of one of my all time favorite songs: 'King For a Day' by Pierce the Veil. Braxton's voice was deeper than Vic's, but it still sounded amazing. Some parts were left out, because it was originally sung by two people. My eyes were glued to him as he ran back and forth along the stage.
I think I just found a new favorite local band. Most of the girls were screaming bloody murder, but I was screaming a regular scream, not a teenage girl at a one direction concert. That's what the other girls were doing, but they were just looking at their faces, not their music.
My eyes fluttered to each member, never knowing which to watch. They were amazing. My admiration continued until the last song.
"We need a girl volunteer to sing with us, because this song is a duet," Braxton announced. The girls screamed louder than before, but my voice completely stopped and I hid my eyes with my bangs. I probably looked like those kids who think when they hide their eyes, they're invisible. I did not want to go up there and sing.
Luck was definitely not on my side tonight because next thing you know I'm being called and dragged on stage.
Someone handed me a paper. It read ," Irresistible feat Demi by Fob," pfft, I already know this song inside and out. I handed the paper back to the guy who gave it to me.
I calmly made my way next to Braxton, who held out an extra microphone. I grabbed the mic, "So, Brax, would you like to sing Demi's part?" My joke was laughed at by a few, even Braxton laughed, but there was a few fans ready to kill.
Dang, I'm good! Already managed to get half the fangirls mad in under a minute, that has to be a record or something, right? No... Okay....
"Introduce yourself," he suggested. Braxton gave me a bright smile.
I turned to the crowd of people, "I'm Korinna," I gave a shy smile to the crowd.
"Ready?" Brax asked. I nodded and the guys started playing.

"Dude! That was amazing!" I stared at Livey. She has to be kidding, my voice was bad. My head shook at her statement. Her mouth dropped, "Have you heard yourself sing?"
I bobbed my head up and down, "Yea, and it wasn't that good. Are we leaving now?" I checked my phone. It was six thirty.
"No, we are going to hang out with the band for a while," Livey informed me while she smirked. "Maybe you and Braxton could talk a little more?" She made a popping noise with her lips.
I groaned, but followed her anyway to a back room.
~~Alone together~~