Meeting

A/N: Chapter Seventeen. WOW. I didn't think it would get so far!

Emily's POV

The heat was unbearable. I was trying not to drip perspiration and my temper gradually became as hot as the weather outside. "9R, your next oral examinations are in TWO WEEKS, and out of these ten days I have with you, I'll be gone for five of them. You'd better cooperate or your scores this time round will be worse than the previous time!" I snapped, causing a hush to descend upon the crowd. NOW they're waking up. Amazing. I huffed irritably and started drawing on the board.

"Now, you must remember that you can't introduce new topics too much. You all are completely off tangent at times, and it's an immediate 2," I began. "So just keep asking yourself: so what? And remember to LINK BACK to the picture." I frowned at the bowed heads and the scratch scratch of the pens on notebooks. "9R, put your pens down. Did you know it's very rude to write while someone is talking? I'll give you time to copy later, now PENS DOWN!" I flared, a little irrationally but I would rather die than admit THAT.

The lesson went on in the humid and dreary classroom. Urgh, the fan is not doing ANYTHING to help. Where is the air-conditioning where you need it? At least I'm saving the Earth... When the bell finally rang, signalling the end of my lesson, I held back a sigh of relief and packed up. Finally~ "See you tomorrow, 9R!" I fast-walked out of glaring heat and went into the cool lift thankfully. Ahh... A welcome change. I was alone, so I took out my phone and flipped through the messages. Oh, come on, I forgot about the briefing today! Damn you, Alexander Steinfield!

This Time Skip is brought to you by TooHighOnSugar!

Matthew's POV

It was soon time for the meeting. I was dreading it. Grr. I'm wasting two hours listening to a pompous moron. I rolled my eyes at Emily as we entered, and she returned my gesture with a smirk and a mime of slapping him. Oh, how lovely that would be! The said moron was standing at the head of the long table, back turned, for dramatic effect, no doubt. Stupid. I scowled inwardly as I took my seat. To my surprise, Emily slid into the chair next to me. I thought Emily usually sits next to Jenna and Amelia... Why the sudden change?

As if reading my mind, she leaned over and whispered, "I need to be next to someone who despises this asshat as much as I do, so I can rant about him quietly." Wow. I didn't think Emily had that in her. Asshat? Ouch, that's HARSH! "Language," I reminded. "Screw language." We sat in comfortable silence- OH WAIT. It can't be comfortable with Steinfield! Once everyone settled down, I bit a lip to stop myself from spitting defiant phrases, laced with vulgarities, at him when he turned around in his chair.

I hhhhaaateeeeeee him! "Now, let's get started. Umm, so if you take a look at these slides that I spent AGES on, umm you can see that we have spent..." I tuned out at that point, rage bottled up tightly, only visible through the fire in my eyes. Emily was already throttling the pen she held. I looked over at her and gave a minuscule sigh. She glanced back and exhaled slowly. "Calm down," I murmured to her. "I can't when that clown is talking," she replied through gritted teeth.

Emily's POV

So the meeting went on, as meetings usually do. I could feel my skin beginning to crawl at the prissy words. "I have done my best in making this school a better place and..." I scowled visibly at the proud, bossy tone he was taking on. Frigging... Stupid... Moronic... I was, thankfully, unnoticed. I clenched my fists, leaving little half-moons embedded in my palm, fading away from red to white. I swear I will march up to that little weasel and utterly STRANGLE him!

Thirty minutes had passed. I peeked at my metal wristwatch. Wow. Half an hour down, a billion years left to go! I mentally started drawing on the more colourful parts of my vocabulary, all the while trying to keep a straight face. To my right, I noted Matthew half about to stand up from the seat to kill the man. I contemplated the possibilities, before regretfully tapping him on the arm. "Relax, you can slit his throat some other time," I whispered. 

If only he would just SHUT UP! Ta gueule! Je ne parle pas IDIOT-SPEAK! In the process of cussing him into next week, I ran out of English curses and started on foreign languages. I slowly blinked to clear the rage. Not working. Clenching my toes, I carefully etched a doodle on my notepad, pretending to take notes. With a small smile of satisfaction, I leaned back to survey the drawing: a certain idiot principal, dead. If only that would HAPPEN!

Matthew's POV

I saw Emily's sketch and smirked inwardly. Quickly, I bent over and scribbled a messy knife stuck in Doodle-Steinfield's heart. Emily gave me a wry smile and added on a lightning bolt from the sky. DIE STEINFIELD YA VLACAS! XEKOLIARA! PSOLI! I screamed silently in Greek. Oh yes, Greek cusses are extremely vulgar, and it was always a comfort to screech at one's enemy with them. I continued the barrage of mental abuse.

Just as I was about to exhaust my extensive vocabulary, Steinfield stopped and looked around the room with the vapidly idiotic, yet proud, pompous air I oh-so hated. I looked up and couldn't help but return the look with a challenging gaze. Stupid as he was, he missed it. I will BLOODY MURDER that prick when I have the chance and this time, Emily won't stop me. Grinding my teeth, I carefully imagined a particularly happy vision of ripping his guts open, tying them to a tree, and kicking him off a cliff to see whether he bounced or the guts broke.

An hour slowly passed, and Steinfield was ending. "And finally, this year we are not organising the Teachers' Retreat to save money and time to educate the pupils..." I was visibly shaking with fury at that statement. CANCEL THE RETREAT?! THAT ASSHOLE IS SO DEAD. The Retreat was usually the highlight of the year, where all of us would go out to the beach and have fun without Steinfield present. And now it's CANCELLED? I will KILL him and rip him apart. Slowly.

A/N: Yay! Extra long chappie to make up. I know I didn't update, SORRY! Oh, by the way, FOLLOW @Natatonix! She is awesome and her stories are cool~ MWACKS TO ALL!