Reading Aloud

A/N: It's up! Hooray! Hope ya like it...

Matthew's POV

"Me? Uh, Ms Fox, you're kidding, right?" I stammered, playing with the book. She shook her head and the class burst into uncontrollable laughter. I sighed and opened it. "You can choose anywhere to start," she added generously. I ruffled through the pages and selected a page at random, then began reading.

"I hear some noise. Lady, come from that nest of death, contagion, and unnatural sleep: A greater power than we can contradict hath thwarted our intents: come, come away! Thy husband in thy bosom there lies dead; and Paris too: come, I'll dispose of thee among a sisterhood of holy nuns: stay not to question, for the watch is coming. Come, go, good Juliet, I dare no longer stay."

Emily's POV

The kids clapped and Matthew bowed dramatically. "Now, Ms Fox, YOU continue!" he declared. "Yeah!" one of the boys yelled, Francis Atlas, I think. "Oh? Bring it ON, mister!" I shot back. He returned the book to William and I picked up from where he left on.

"Go, get thee hence, for I will not away. What's here? A cup, clos'd in my true love's hand?" At that point, I noticed the class silent. Wow. This is embarrassing. "Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end: O churl! Drink all, and left no friendly drop to help me after all? I will kiss thy lips; haply some poison yet doth hang on them, to make me die with a restorative."

I stopped and the applause was stupendous. "Ms Fox, that doth be a masterful take of Romeo and Juliet. I bow in thy august presence," Matthew exaggerated, falling onto his knees. "Oh, get up, Mr Harper," I laughed, whacking him lightly with the book. Why did reading it seem so... Right? It was more fun than I expected... What would Matthew sound like as Romeo? Ooh, what if the class put on a performance of this at the end of the year? That would be fun!

Time Skip brought to you by 6R9!

Matthew's POV

I could not stop thinking about Emily's reading. What a wonderful take... I could almost imagine her as Juliet. Imagine, the old fashioned, silk dresses with the ruffles. She'd look HILARIOUS! I chuckled inwardly.

"Matthew?" The new French professor called out. He was a good sort, but pronounced my name 'Frenchily', as 'Matthieu'. "Yeah, Louis?" I asked, leaning over the divider. "I brought chocolates from Australia, would you like one?" He held up a chocolate. "Oui, merci!" I replied. I LOVED sweet stuff, especially M&Ms. Soft inside, hard outside... Yum...

I stashed the chocolate in my bag to nibble at home, and tried to concentrate on my book. However, my thoughts were racing. Sarah. Emily. Sarah and Emily are similar. Sarah. Sarah. She's MARRIED. Kids. Emily was nice as Juliet. Sarah and her husband. Sarah Askinare. My thoughts are flying... Oh, look at my tarantula! Awesome! I feel like sleeping... Wait, Emily looks nothing like Sarah. Emily is short (Haha. Shortie!) and has short dark brown hair. Sarah is tallish and had long hair... Frequently dyed it too. Sarah was a little vain. Emily is quite minimalistic. Why am I comparing them? No, focus on the book! READ!

Emily's POV (same time)

I noticed Matthew reading, yet he seemed distracted. I wonder why... No, focus! I have to finish this write up by this afternoon! And I need to mark this stack of worksheets, then come up with the class plan for tomorrow. God, help me. I tabbed and highlighted a few key phrases in the first act, then my eyes floated back to the minute study of the people around me. Louis and Arthur? What are they doing over there? I craned my neck and strained to hear their animated conversation.

"Philosophy shmilosophy, all a bunch of rubbish, wot!"

"Monsieur Arthur, philosophy is a delicate art, you uncultured Brit..."

"Unculture?! I'll GIVE YOU uncultured! Britain is the epitome of culture! At least we don't eat SNAILS. Yuck!"

"It's an acquired taste of which you Brits have NONE."

"OI YOU WOT MATE?! Don't you dare play that card! Our food is plenty good, thank you very much!"

"Haha, yeah, to a pig! Just as what I expected from an uncultured SWINE."

They glowered at each other.

"Shut up you bloody FROG!"

"Oi, oww, NOT THE BEARD!"

"There, that's whatcha get, mate, for insulting the Legendary British Empire."

Louis rubbed his chin irritably as he glared at the well-dressed Arthur. "At least I don't wear PLAID," he muttered. At that, I stifled a laugh, nearly bursting at the seams. Looks like the British and the French rivalry continues even in a high school! Hah! Oh well, time to get back to work. Urgh, I hate this...

Matthew's POV

A small cockroach scuttled next to Jenna's foot and she absolutely screamed, leaping inhumanely high. "MATTHEW!" "What." "A BUG FROM HELL THAT'S WHAT!" I sighed, smiling inwardly. "Kill it!" another teacher, Ms Reyna Parker yelled. "No! Why would I want to kill it? It's a part of Nature too!" I protested, picking up one of my spare plastic boxes (I always have a few handy) and scooped it inside. "Take it away!" Jenna squealed. "Of course I will..." I sighed again.

I walked out of the Staff Room with the (cute) little cockroach, to release it out into the wild. To my surprise, Emily was sitting outside, tapping away at her laptop. A devious plan began to form in my mind. "Hey, Emily!" I called. She jumped. "What, Matthew?" she asked, a little annoyed. "YAH!" I dropped the box in front of her. She immediately screamed, "MATTHEW HARPER!!!" and I burst into laughter. "You... You... Get this... CREATURE away!" she spluttered, poking the box with a tentative finger. "Fine..." I chuckled and let it out, watching it quickly run away.

"You're almost as bad as that bug!" Emily accused. "Oh, a compliment then! Thank you~" I sing-songed. "Urgh. You're insufferable, don't you know..." she muttered. "Do I? Yes I do."

A/N: Watch out for the next one soon! Ciao~!