Chapter 14 | Embarrassing Myself in Front of Parker

Start from the beginning

Like he said, his decision was made and it couldn't be persuaded.

A sigh left my lips.

Hunter is never going to get passed this. Football is his life line.

Well...was.

I was about to turn to go to my classroom, when I bumped into Parker.

"Hey Park-"

"So, you'd purposely try to sabotage my try-out, just to keep Hunter on the team," he told me, disbelief laced in his voice.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I didn't have any words to try to defend myself.

"Right. I thought that even though you'd keep your distance, you'd at least continue to be an honest and fair person."

I looked down, guilt seeping into me.

He was right. What was I doing? Helping my brother. But would I really go far as to sabotaging somebody else's chance to be on the team?

Oh wait...I already did.

I felt like an awful person once I was pointed out, especially since it was Parker.

"Whatever. I never knew you could stoop this low."

Those were his last words before he walked off, not giving me a chance to explain myself.

++++++

For the rest of the day, my usual constant mood was gone and replaced with guilt and regret. So, to sum that up, I was depressed the entire day.

"Enough," Liz firmly told me, whilst laying on the locker beside mine. "What is the matter, Carolina?"

She used my full name. That meant she was serious.

I rolled my eyes, whilst trying to open up my locker. "It's nothing."

14-20-7

The lock clicked, allowing me to but my books away.

Liz scoffed. "Yeah, and my dog is dead."

I furrowed my eyes brows. "You don't have a dog."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed. "If I had a quarter for every time you told me 'nothing'," she used her fingers to emphasize 'nothing', "I'd be a millionaire."

"Yeah, yeah," I told her in a bored tone.

I was about to put my book away, when the locker was shut.

I turned to face Liz. "I'm fine. Nothing is bothering me."

"Stop lying! Is it about Andrew? I now know that anything dealing with him causes you to be depressed," she had guessed, narrowing her eyes.

I was silent, not daring to look at her or say a word.

She sighed. "What happened?"

"I tried to sway Coach Wilson's mind to let Hunter stay as QB. Parker was walking by and heard everything. He confronted me and made me feel like a..."