Chapter 8 | An Angry Parker

The one in the picture is Liz.

++++++

"Ugh, I just bombed that test," I groaned as I put my books in my locker.

"Well, since we're best friends, I failed with you!" She smiled.

"Haha, we both know you're a math genius Liz," I rolled my eyes.

"I tried Carrie. I really, really did. But when I tried to write the wrong answer, my hand just wrote the correct answer," she told me, shaking her head in shame.

"It's fine, really. I had a lot going on my mind during the test anyway."

"You mean that fine specimen Andrew Parker," she said while fanning herself.

I closed my locker.

She was right. I had been staring at the test the whole entire time. I wasn't nervous for the test, just nervous to see if Parker showed up.

Mrs. Jane was so evil for giving us a test on Monday. When the bell had rung for us to go to our next class, all I had written was half my name. I was so screwed.

Mrs Jane gave me a disapproving look as she took my blank test.

"Oh shut up," I said, turning my head so she couldn't see me blush.

"You know I'm right. I can't believe the Carolina James, the one that is prohibited from being near the opposite sex, saved Andrew Parker," Liz continued.

"You make me regret ever telling you," I told her.

"I would've found out anyway. You, my friend, can't keep a secret from me," Liz bragged.

"Whatever. I'm not ever seeing him again so, don't get your hopes up," I told her, closing my locker.

"Oh come on! I was totally shipping you two. I hate it that I can't give you a name," Liz said, annoyed.

I smiled. "I still can't believe you can't come up with a ship name."

Liz is totally obsessed with ship names. Her and Elliot's is Elliz and Hunter and Cara's name is Carter. I was so glad when Liz said she couldn't with me and Parker.

"Ugh, don't brag about it Carrie. Your ship name is on the way. There is just some malfunctions and technical difficulties at the moment."

"Sure," I replied. "Take as long as you need."

"Believe me I will. Now what's this I hear about the romantic date Elliot took you to?"

Liz had told me two days ago at 2am in the morning, that her date with Elliot was amazing. She called and rambled, talking about candles and Beethoven. I couldn't comprehend a word she was saying since I was half asleep.

"Oh it was nothing," she blushed.

"No, no. I want to no know exactly what is going on with Elliz," I teased. "Last I heard it was amazing."

"Well, it kind of was-"

"Kind of?! You told me-"

"Carrie-"

"-it was amazing! That-"

"Carrie-"

"-everything was perfect and-"