Chapter 5 | The Almost Kiss With Parker

The guy in the picture is Hunter.

++++++

I froze.

I then turn around to see a very pissed off Hunter. I knew I had to face Hunter sometime today. The way he looked, terrified me.

His eyes darkened, jaw and fist clenched, and face was red.

"What were you doing with Blake?" He furiously asked.

"Nothing!" I answered.

"Don't lie to me Carolina!" He yelled at me.

"I'm not lying!" I yelled back. "If you would just listen to me-"

"Why would I listen to you? You've lied to me plenty of times." Hunter hissed.

"I've had to since you never let me talk to someone that is not related to me. Except for Shane and Elliot. But it's getting boring talking to the same people." I complained.

"I don't care! You know I'm only doing this to keep you safe," Hunter argued.

"I can disagree with that," I glared at him. "It was two years ago Hunter. Let. It. Go. I'm an adult now. I don't need you as my personal bodyguard to make sure guys stay away from me and to control my life."

"You are far from being an adult Carolina, and you know that. I don't want your heart to be broken by a player like Blake."

"For the last time Hunter, I didn't spend the day with Blake!" I argued.

Hunter let out a fake laugh.

"Yeah right. Then who did you leave with today? I know you skipped school. If it wasn't with Blake, then who?" Hunter asked, crossing his arms.

Speechless.

That's how I was. What was I supposed to say? 'You know the new guy, Andrew Parker? Yeah, I skipped with him'.

Yeah right, Hunter would get even furious that A, I was with a guy, and B, I skipped school with him.

"Exactly." He replied.

"I was out with someone that is none of your business, and it wasn't Blake so leave him alone," I told him before my phone vibrated from a text message.

"Let me guess, it's Blake," Hunter sneered.

I glared at him.

"No, it's blackmail."

Hunter looked at me confused.

"Oh, you didn't think I would show up to you without having a back up plan because you wouldn't listen to me?"

"What are you talking about?"

I unlocked my phone and saw that Parker had sent me the picture of Hunter and Alice hugging each other.

It was in great quality because you could really tell that it was Hunter and Alice.

"Well...since you won't believe me, I decided to come prepared in case you didn't listen."

Hunter frowned.