Chapter 1 | Brothers

A shout out to KiyahW123abc for being the first to comment. I'd like to say thank you to you and I hope there are more comments :)

++++++

"Carolina! Hurry up!" Hunter called out to me. "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming!" I shout back, getting out of bed.

"Patience is a virtue," I mumble to myself.

Senior year.

The last year of high school has finally come and I plan on talking to more than one guy at school. No one is stopping me from getting at least a boyfriend this year.

Getting up, I looked through my closet to find some clothes that would look good on the first day. I decided on a black crop top, a jacket with flowers on it, and some white and black stripped pants. And to top it off, some black flats.

Then, I got my book bag ready after I finished using the bathroom and putting on makeup. I just left my currently wavy, dark brown hair down, since I straightened it yesterday and it came out wavy because of the braid I made.

Making my way downstairs, I passed my oldest brother Xavier. He graduated high school two years ago and is now in ECU for his second year. While playing football at Troy, there was a scout watching him and told Xavier he'll get a scholarship if he played for ECU.

"You have thirty minutes before your first class starts, Xavier," I sang as I passed his room.

I heard him grunt and groan as the weight of his bench pressing friend crushed him.

As I passed the living room, I saw my second brother Jake watching TV and eating cereal.

Jake was also a fan of football and is a linebacker on the varsity football team in Troy. Even though he's a junior, he's still as protective as Hunter and Xavier.

I groaned. "Oh my God. Jake, are you even ready? We have twenty minutes before school starts. You're worse than Xavier."

"WHAT!"

I laughed as he spilled some cereal on Mom's favorite couch.

Mom's favorite couch.

My eyes softened at the sight of her favorite couch. Mom had just died four years ago when I was a freshmen in high school and that couch, was the only thing that comforted me when she was gone. Dad had said that she was killed in a car accident. There was a truck that had lost control and hit her car on her side. The ambulance arrived and they informed us that she had died on impact.

It was a very confusing time in my life because right after, my dad said that I had fainted when I heard the news and wouldn't wake up until a week after. When I did wake up, I had a a few scratches and scars on my arms, legs, and face. Dad had said that when I fainted, I hit a flower vase and it tumbled down and shattered hence the scratched and scars.

We were all grieving and had a hard time coping with the fact that Mom had died. Xavier and my dad took it the hardest because they had spent more years with her.

It wasn't that I didn't take it hard, because I did. She was the other woman in his house and since she was gone, it kind of turned very awkward when dealing with girl stuff such as buying bras, underwear, and my period.