Chapter 7 | Saving Parker

The one in the picture is Xavier.

Sorry for not updating. There was a lot of things I had to do and I am so happy that I could get them done. I am also happy about the many reads and comments! Thank you so much. And as a token of my gratitude, here's the next chapter!

++++++

"What do you mean he's lying on the floor unconscious? And you're telling me that he's been stabbed?!"

"I-I don't know how and-" I stuttered, as my tears were still falling.

"You were out with a guy at night, went to an arcade, and now he's unconscious? Wow, you really know how to pick them," Xavier whistled.

"I'm telling you that he's been stabbed and that he is probably dying, and you're telling me that I have horrible taste in guys?" I snapped at him. "Xavier, you better tell me what to do or so help me God-"

"Fine, fine. Okay, did you check his pulse? Are you making sure that his wound is covered so that he doesn't lose as much blood?"

I quickly checked his pulse, then sighed in relief once I felt it. After, I took off my shirt, thank God I decided to wear a tank top underneath, and put it around his waist to stop the blood from flowing.

"I'm done, what do I do now?" I asked Xavier.

"I need you to call 911. Just stay where you are and wait for me to come," he replied.

"Parker said he didn't need and want to go to a hospital," I protested, realizing where this was going.

"Carolina. You have no other choice. The guy is practically bleeding out and unconscious. Call 911 and that's final," Xavier firmly replied.

I looked over at Parker, still worrying.

"Fine. But just get here quick. I don't know if he's still even breathing," I told him, leaning over towards Parker and brushing a strand of his hair away.

"Just remember to check on his pulse every thirty seconds, or even one minute if you want. You passed the CPR unit in health class. I believe that you can keep him alive till me or the ambulance gets here," Xavier replied.

"What?! He didn't fall down of a heart attack Xavier, he got stabbed! Why would you need to help his heart if his wound is in the stomach?" I worriedly asked.

"You never know Carolina. Anything can happen right now. Im almost there. I'll give you a chance to call 911 now. Make sure he stays alive Carolina. His life is in your hands."

And with that, he hung up.

I started to dial 911. Before I pressed on the call button, I looked over at Parker.

"I'm sorry Parker. But I have to call 911. If not, you'll die," I whispered to him in tears.

I pressed on the call button.

"911, what's your emergency?"

++++++

"I'm sorry."

Those were two words I kept repeating every thirty seconds, after I checked his pulse.

I just betrayed him while he was unconscious. His only wish was to not call he ambulance. And what did I do?

Called the ambulance.

Twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty.

I leaned over towards him, and pressed two fingers on his neck. Once I felt his pulse, I sighed in relief.