Chapter 10 | Math Class With Parker

The one in the picture is Cara.

++++++

A week from the party had passed. Parker didn't even talk to me at all. At first, I kind of missed him, but, I kept telling myself it was the right thing to do. And it was.

That night, in which I sneaked back in from the party, went as smoothly as possible. I was able to sneak back into the house without a problem and without meeting with Hunter. I did, however, meet Xavier.

I instantly apologized for leaving the house. Unlike Hunter, he was more lenient and fine with me living my own life. He later agreed to not say anything, once again, and left into his room to sleep.

Anyways, as the week passed, me and Parker didn't speak a word. Except for the occasional 'excuse me' when passing by each other.

No one noticed anything different, since my friendship with Parker was a secret, everyone just carried on with their life not knowing that deep inside, I regretted my decision. I know it was for the best and it was better for the both of us.

But, after that one week, I got to see Parker for who he really was.

A player.

No longer did he seem dangerous, but just another high school pretty boy that strings the hearts of the many unfortunate girls.

I started regretting my decision, once again. Was it all because of me? Is this who he really is? Or is it just a cover up?

Maybe it was a cover up, I don't know. And if it is, it really is working because my past thoughts about him is changing. Feelings I've had before, will surface and blind me like the fool I once was.

No. I will not fall into that trap. Parker is in the past and I have to look forward. I have to forget about him, the guy that went against my brother to hang out with me...for a few days.

You may think that it will be easy to avoid and ignore his existence. Well, let me tell you it wasn't. He was literally everywhere. It had started Wednesday when I was walking to my class.

I was passing the janitors closet when I heard him...and his friend.

Never will I forget the words that were being exchanged. It was just horrifying and utterly disgusting. I almost vomited right then and there.

Anyways, then there was Thursday. The day when I was taking a bathroom break during class.

I had entered the bathroom and once I did, I had seen Parker and some brown haired girl making out on the wall.

I quickly backed up to get out of there, but, unfortunately, I had backed into the big trash can that was in the bathroom.

The noise separated them, scaring them half to death. I made eye contact with Parker, then ran out the bathroom.

Reflecting back on those two days, I had wondered if maybe the cover up idea was bizarre. Maybe...that really was the real Parker. What if he, was pretending to be my friend to just win another girl's heart?

That theory became more and more real when Friday had approached and I had caught Parker and Alice in an empty classroom, him on top of her.